[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.22.0 [DEV]

nu2droid

Reaction score
I use tb and it shows available memory for card, internal and rom. But you can see it in settings>system > about

Bukada

Reaction score
I use tb and it shows available memory for card, internal and rom. But you can see it in settings>system > about

showing I have 226MB Internal Memory avail
14.43 Gig SD avail

nu2droid

Reaction score
Ok. So much for that theory. Would try fix permission in rom manager. If that don't work, would try force stop in settings, then clear cach and data of market then try again.

chewy74

Reaction score
the new PE6.5 was released this weekend too...I flashed it and then within an hour said "It's nice and fast...but it just isn't MIUI" and flashed back. Great work and the builds keeps getting better and better.

Qestion: for the people using RZRecovery, have you tried rebooting to recovery using the 4 way reboot (holding the power button down) and noticing when you are booted into the recovery, it tries to look for a update.zip to flash? almost like its excuting a script?

Finding update package...
opening update package...
E:update.zip install blocked
Installation aborted

Anyone else getting this?

nu2droid

Reaction score
Chewy
Not just razor recovery. This build did with me with clockwork last night when I flashed a kernel. Hit the power button once to back out then proceeded as nornal.
Thought it was something I did. Hehe guess it wasn't me.

cowsquad

Reaction score
the new PE6.5 was released this weekend too...I flashed it and then within an hour said "It's nice and fast...but it just isn't MIUI" and flashed back. Great work and the builds keeps getting better and better.

Qestion: for the people using RZRecovery, have you tried rebooting to recovery using the 4 way reboot (holding the power button down) and noticing when you are booted into the recovery, it tries to look for a update.zip to flash? almost like its excuting a script?

Installation aborted

I'm getting that with clockmod recovery (rom manager)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nu2droid

Reaction score
Had the same thing.had to Hit power button once to return back to normal screen. Even had to go to advanced, reboot recoveryto make it work onetime after the update.zip failure.

Last edited:

HardWired

Reaction score
Same happened to me with the update.zip failure notice in rzrecovery. I thought Big Red pushed me an update file behind my back (the nerve) but after using root explorer to search there seems to be no update.zip anywhere on my phone. No biggie really, but glad to see its not just me.

Daballa

Reaction score

Installation aborted

I'm getting that with clockmod recovery (rom manager)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Same here, couldn't do anything in recovery. Eventually, through advanced restore got 1.7.15 back.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Mags
Another phenomenal build, "oh oh it's magi!" (old song reference, may be before some people's time, I think it's the band Cars)
I digress.

I am + 1 on voice search inclusion

I have been getting that damn update error in recovery and I have a suspicion as to the underlying cause. I think maybe they are pushing a final OTA update for all of us on the OG.

Mags,
Do you include cyanogenmod FOTA.apk or something equivalent? I think that possibly would be the way to fix this from happening every time in recovery, especially since it keeps you from doing anything remotely automated.
I await word from our connection to the Chinese tech, Mags, hopefully he'll know what is up and if we need to rip FOTA.apk out of a CM download and just move to system app folder. Or if he has anything we can download and install to address what seems to be the best build to date and that's saying something since Mags has been hitting it out of the park on the last few.

As for other ports for our OG, Trey seems like a really good guy. But I read the reviews since I am in the industry... No I'm not.
But consistently it seems that those who tried it first and then flashed Mags upon its release and have always reported the same results.
This is not a dis on Trey at all, especially as from what I've been able to glean from his and Mags posts. He's been a real mensch in dealing with the MIUI earthquake and the aftermath.
Going as far as not posting his here specifically to not step on anyone's toes. Now that is courtesy. I would say common courtesy, but there is no such thing in existence just like common sense.
These things first need to in reality be common, rather than the complete inverse, to deserve such an adjective!

Look forward to Mags reply regarding thoughts on the OTA issue, that's what I will be referring to it as so we can all know what each other is talking about by using the same nomenclature.

And again as always, Mags, thanks for rocking this ROM like a champ!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

chewy74

Reaction score
deleted post by me

Last edited:

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Sorry about double post but I realized I forgot to mention that if you are getting the not enough space issue go to cache sub folder download and delete what might be there clogging up your pipes in a manner of speaking.
Hope that works.

danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
It just hit me like a one point twenty one gigawatts of power bolt of lightening! The people who are having the not enough space problem, have you used TIBU to integrate the newest market into your ROM? You will know that you need to if in TIBU the line with the market app in red has next to it in white text "updated". Long press that line and near the bottom of the pop up menu will be the integration option.

danceswithbongs

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Looking into the 4-way boot into recovery issue. Not sure what the issue is there, it could be an issue w/ how the mod was added this week.

As for the "out of memory error", when are you guys getting that error? If you are getting it when you are trying to move apps to SD card, you need to uninstall the app and re-install from market. Then you should be able to move it to SD card.

If you are getting it at another time, can you go into terminal emulator and run the command "df" and post your results. There are a couple possibilities, but that should help determine what is going on.