Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
So no gapps to flash on this build? I haven't flashed a MIUI rom in a long time so sorry if this was nixed a long time ago lol.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope its all included, however don't be alarmed on first boot...it doesn't automatically ask you to sign in to Google and sometimes you need to reboot for all the included apps to appear on homescreen

cowsquad

Reaction score
Hello guys, My phone is very slow on miui 1.7.1. I checked my memory RAM and it was on 16mb free, wow why is that. apps running are (launcher, android keyboard and maps) I went back to 1.6.17 and my Ram is 51mb wow huge increase, what could be causing extremely memory use on 1.7.1

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, My phone is very slow on miui 1.7.1. I checked my memory RAM and it was on 16mb free, wow why is that. apps running are (launcher, android keyboard and maps) I went back to 1.6.17 and my Ram is 51mb wow huge increase, what could be causing extremely memory use on 1.7.1

Try running Zeppelinrox supercharger script but make sure you type in
Su
Compcache stop
In terminal before running it. some of the settings are built into this rom already (multitasking option) but if you want more free ram you can run balanced 3 or one of the aggressive settings

kurumatt

Reaction score
I'm loving this new version. My battery is lasting all day. Very smooth.

My only issue is, it won't open any games. Angry birds, cut the rope don't work for me on this rom. (They work fine on others)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Restarts frequently, moreover is using root explorer not to be able to distinguish Chinese

Where are you seeing Chinese?

As far as reboots, did you wipe data before installing? Have you tried to see if it happens w/ the stock theme?

DROOIID

Reaction score
I'm loving this new version. My battery is lasting all day. Very smooth.

My only issue is, it won't open any games. Angry birds, cut the rope don't work for me on this rom. (They work fine on others)

Did you back them up ygeb restored them after flashing? This happened to me and I had to uninstall and reinstall from the market.

kurumatt

Reaction score
I use titanium backup. But I did uninstall cut the rope and reinstall it from the apk file. Still didn't load.

JEHELMER

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just curious what kernels everyone is using?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

drilus

Reaction score
I"ve been experiencing quite a few lockups on this rom. Happened twice yesterday. Eventually does a reboot.

smokindroid

Reaction score
Led color change

This is the first time trying this Rom and its been great. I am having issues trying to find out how to change the led notification color for MMS. I've looked in the MMS app and in settings/programs/led settings but can't find anything. Is the led color change option not in this rom? Any help would be great

Reaction score
Hey Magiman,

I’m real curious about how many downloads you’ve been getting throughout the last 4-6 builds. There are fewer people posting. Is Miui’s popularity on the wane?

Have that many Miui elders moved on – to other roms, or devices? Is it that those of us who’ve been using it since last year are experiencing fewer issues because of the many improvements in the builds and your port, coupled with our increased skill and self-sufficiency in tackling issues that arise?

I’m thinking it’s a combination of all of the above. I know that many OG Droids have been retired over the last 6 months (I’ll be moving on to the GS2 as soon as it gets to Verizon and I’ll be using the Miui that as I write this is being ported to it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1130951)

A lot of people posting over the last month or are relatively new to Miui, and overall there fewer posts about issues and bugs. This also may be a testament to the fact that people speak out more when things aren’t going well, and tend to be silent when all is okay.

Would you consider creating a thread that formally requests long-time OG Droid Miui users check-in to state whether or not they’re still using Miui? I’m assuming you’re tracking downloads so maybe you have a good idea, but for folks like myself it’s pretty hard to gauge. The reason I’m specifically asking if you’ll start the thread is that if the request comes from you, more responses will be posted.

It would be real cool to hear from some of the old school Miui cats that haven’t posted for some time.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like your ideas Droidlovinyogi, but I wish there was one stable build with all issues fixed. This does not even exist on the Froyo builds. How do we get one stable build for every 10 or so beta builds for the OG Droid?

omegasport20

Reaction score
I have used miui ever since it came out and think it is the best rom by far. But....the last few builds for me have been incredibly laggy so I have not tried this release, I downloaded it but switched to cyanogen and it is running so much better on my og Droid. I keep checking this forum to see how many issues there are but seemsa ok so I might switch back to this because it is wayyyyyy better lol. Magiman and everyone else involved is doing a great job on miui and many thanks to you guys. Oh heck, I think ill give it a go right now lol...