[ROM] GummyJAR 2.0 Droid done Right - 12/21

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now, don't shoot me for asking this question....I'm new to the D2. The Blur apps all seem to be gone. For example, I do like the new Gallery, it is much faster, however I seem to have the old one back. Is this the way it's supposed to be on the Gummyjar ROM?

Oh, and I like the bootanimation screen.

Goosey52

Reaction score
Apps

I did the backup with bootstrap, but i lost all of my contacts (of course) but i had backup assistant from verizon and i backed them up that way. Any way that you can get that verizon app and put it in as an add-on for this ROM, so i can get my contacts to backup and restore easily? Btw, I love this new ROM very sleek

Kack

Reaction score
Now, don't shoot me for asking this question....I'm new to the D2. The Blur apps all seem to be gone. For example, I do like the new Gallery, it is much faster, however I seem to have the old one back. Is this the way it's supposed to be on the Gummyjar ROM?

Vulcan1600 in the OP there is a file for swype i uninstalled my beta installer then loaded the OP swype. it works great. and im not sure about the gallery i liked the blur one to. but as far as swype goes it works great.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Yes, GummyJAR is focused on that AOSP look, which excludes everything BLUR and leaves it with just Vanilla look and feel.

Swype can be downloaded from the OP, and installed through Clockwork Recovery :)

If you want the old Blur Camera and Blur gallery, I'll see what I can do to get you guys setup, just give me a little bit! :D

Dustin.

Reaction score
Okay guys! For those of you who want the Blur Camera, I went ahead and slapped together this .zip file that you need to install via Clockwork Mod!

D2 Blue Camera
Download^

1. Download above, and place on the Root of your SD Card.
2. Open D2 Bootstrapper
3. Bootstrap Recovery
4. Reboot Recovery
5. Mount System
6. Choose .zip from SD
7. D2_Camera.zip
8. Install
9. Reboot

Make sure you go into your system/apps folder and change your original Camera.apk to Camera.bak unless you wanna keep both cameras! :p

Herndon

Reaction score
Installed and been running for a few hours now. Loving it

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

dstortz

Reaction score
Ok so I am having one other problem, before this rom the messages app had all of my email accounts, Facebook, and texts in one folder/app and now that seems to be gone.

Any ideas?

Dustin.

Reaction score
Ok so I am having one other problem, before this rom the messages app had all of my email accounts, Facebook, and texts in one folder/app and now that seems to be gone.

Any ideas?

Make a new folder?

dstortz

Reaction score
well i could do that, but i was meaning more like Universal inbox. It was there before but not now. I love everything else about this rom, but that was a life saver for me, with getting about 100 emails + 50-60 texts a day.

thank you for the help so far.

D

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay guys! For those of you who want the Blur Camera, I went ahead and slapped together this .zip file that you need to install via Clockwork Mod!

D2 Blue Camera
Download^

2. Open D2 Bootstrapper
3. Bootstrap Recovery
4. Reboot Recovery
5. Mount System
6. Choose .zip from SD
7. D2_Camera.zip
8. Install
9. Reboot

Make sure you go into your system/apps folder and change your original Camera.apk to Camera.bak unless you wanna keep both cameras! :p
I installed that. Weird thing though, I went to the camera and it was still the old one. I snapped a picture of our cat, and then hit the back key and then the new camera came on.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Vulcan1600 in the OP there is a file for swype i uninstalled my beta installer then loaded the OP swype. it works great. and im not sure about the gallery i liked the blur one to. but as far as swype goes it works great.
I grabbed it from the first post and it installed great. Senior moment!

Dustin.

Reaction score

D2 Blue Camera
Download^

2. Open D2 Bootstrapper
3. Bootstrap Recovery
4. Reboot Recovery
5. Mount System
6. Choose .zip from SD
7. D2_Camera.zip
8. Install
9. Reboot

I installed that. Weird thing though, I went to the camera and it was still the old one. I snapped a picture of our cat, and then hit the back key and then the new camera came on.

You may have to go in and rename your old Camera.apk file to Camera.bak

Manchild

Reaction score
is there a way to make it so that pattern lock only comes on if you dont use the phone for a certain amount of time instead of having it always appear each time you turn the screen on in place of the normal lock screen?

leakim13

Reaction score
Contacts list and search (once in contacts) doesn't work in landscape for me.

From the Great North Woods

leakim13

Reaction score
and 100% i cannot boot into clockwork with this updated version... any thoughts, ideas, solutions, i hate not having swype and the camera. i can get into native recovery but that only allows me to wipe everything...