[ROM] Rolling Rolling Rolling GummyJAR just keep a rolling aha... 2.5 12/28

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dude...this rom kicks ass like donkey. no theme, like it how it is (except i put the blur camera back on). bought you a beer.
DX

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Im having issues with gummy jar/liberty certain apps like rockband or slice it wont install has anyone had these issues?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol...thanks ...however I was trying to help you...lol still appreciate it though, I used to love that rom. It was my first... its its on the D2 chances are I have tried it. I am however a little nervous with the gb leak...just not sure its a good idea just yet...

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I would definitely atleast try the gingerbread leak if you haven't, you don't know what your missing! You can just sbf if you don't like it for some reason. If it weren't for GummyJAR, the gb leak would be my daily rom.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks... yeah I find myself often close. Then I get a little skidish due to the possible rumors of not being able to just flash. A backup or whatever..i f I was able to just flash like any other rom I would...maybe I should look further into this...thanks again!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Hey thanks... yeah I find myself often close. Then I get a little skidish due to the possible rumors of not being able to just flash. A backup or whatever..i f I was able to just flash like any other rom I would...maybe I should look further into this...thanks again!

Yeah unfortunately with the locked bootloader we can't just go back and forth between android versions like I could on my droid 1. SBFing really isn't much more work than just flashing a rom in recovery though, especially if you use linux (its just a couple terminal commands). All of your backups should still work you just have to make sure the backup your flashing is the same Android version as what is already installed.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, yeah. This has been my first smatphone. I have had it since they first day they hit the store, well actually it was a two week deal of the devour I had first and when I got it home the D2 was the hype. So I switched out. Good thing too have you seen all the complaints on the devour? LMAO anyway...now its said to say I would actually trade for a great condition D1... or OG..THEY HAVE THE ABILITIES and I have a phone that seems now you have to pray for updates. Well its not that bad..lol I havnt ever had to use my laptop since I got this thing. That's why sbfing is so much of a hassle or dare I say lazy of me...lol

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I was to flash the new leak. I would stay with it and hope for themes. Just seems the devs have no interest in the bother of this D2:thing...I don't blame them..

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Well considering we droid 2 users have already seen a leaked version of gingerbread from motorola I'm fairly confident well see a gingerbread ota. I couldn't be happier with motorola and their ability to release updates. Sure, there are a few annoyances with the final froyo build (such as the haptic feedback toggle not working) but all of those seem to be cleared up even in the gingerbread leak. I'm 100% positive after its all said and done gingerbread will run much better on a droid 2 than a droid 1. Only time will tell though. I'm actually pretty excited about the next few months in terms of my phone (gingerbread ota, GummyJAR GB edition, etc)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Congrats... you've twisted my arm... I will go ahead and check it out sometime this week. Oh btw, I love my d2.. just whine about the abilities w/locked bootlader. But all in all its awesome. I hate to admit it but I too whimper from time to time. Lol but yeah you have some great points... usually I was the one sticking up for the D2 now I see you have the same pride in motorola... I just have to quit looking at all the roms and themes the og has... lol thanks for the pick me up on that note!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right now I have the epic blue running and then I mtemorphed the speedometer battery and love it...on liberty ... how many GB themes are there on D2 that you know of btw..?? I want to check them out!...

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I don't typically use themes very often and I felt like a lot of the features in liberty took away from stability. The most recent liberty release didn't seem to even closely resemble the GummyJAR base the rom was built on (which is what originally gave my attention to liberty). I usually just like a stock feel with solid stability and performance...which is exactly what GummyJAR is.