[ROM] GummyJAR 2.0 Droid done Right - 12/21

Reaction score
Gogreen..:

In ADW settings you can change it so the home screen will change orientation with whichever way the phone is pointed (landscape or portrait) . It's under System preferences..

Last edited:

tatuud

Reaction score
Another great release...im not having any issues whatsoever with the latest release. Im running it as is with no theme or over clocking. I really like the sliders, no lag at all. I also like the new option to remove, edit, or uninstall home screen icons when you long press them. You did find a way to make this rom better. Awesome work...congrats on the sub-section and all of the themes available for your rom. I look forward to what you have cooking for this unbelievable rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sdmopar

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this so if not my bad. I updated to 2.1 when it came out. Uploaded the DX camera zip and it worked. Now it stopped working. As soon as I open it it will close immediately. I've tried downloading and reinstalling the zip. If the sd card is unmounted it will work. Any ideas? I'm new to this stuff so any help is appreciated. On a side note this is the best rom that I have tried...fast and very stable. Love it!dancedroid

jgmarz

Reaction score
Contacts

I'm running Gummy 2.1. How do I get my contacts to show Google contacts only. Right now it shows Google and corporate, when I search a contact it shows about 6 numbers for all. I only sync with Google and nothing else is checked in accounts and sync. If I check my Google contacts it only shows 1 contact. Very confused.

rion_j

Reaction score
all i have to say is Thank You! this ROM is incredible and I'm blown away with the quality of your work OP.

dlbrown75

Reaction score
I followed all the directions. Im on 2.340. When I try to install rom it says install aborted. any ideas? It says cant open sdcard/gummyjar. then the word bad at the end in parenthesis

Last edited:

rion_j

Reaction score
I followed all the directions. Im on 2.340. When I try to install rom it says install aborted. any ideas? It says cant open sdcard/gummyjar. then the word bad at the end in parenthesis

more than likely you have an incomplete download. how big was the file? i'd delete the zip and redownload and try again.

dlbrown75

Reaction score
so I got gummy to install after i re-downloaded and re-installed on phone. It installed but has been stuck on the screen that says GummyJar and cycles through the droid bots. It has ben on this screen for a couple of hours. Is this considered a bootloop? What do I need to do?

Boblank

Reaction score
If you did not wipe data when you installed the rom you need to. Battery Pull hold home and power when the triangle appears hit search. Wipe data.

dlbrown75

Reaction score
got it up and running. Great rom so far no troubles. Im usually a rubix user this is my first rom other than rubix. Great Job

Rivalen4919

Reaction score
Gps

Hi Guys!

Wanted to say first time poster here on DroidForums. I used to frequent the CyanogenMOD forums back when I had my HTC CDMA Hero. I still poke around the XDA forums but I've found the best DX info on these forums! I recently decided to try GummyJAR after being on RubiX for awhile. I believe I was on RubiX 1.8 and I used to get the ui crashing on me when I would slide to unlock my phone at least once or twice a day. I decided to try a new ROM before upgrading to latest RubiX and I am quite impressed. I love the Android 2.3 look and feel, top notch!

I do have a problem with the GPS on latest build though. I've cleared my GPS data and re-downloaded the assistance data with GPS Status but I still cannot actually get the GPS to lock on. Closest I'll get is 700 meters and that just a cell tower position. Does anyone still have problems with the GPS in the latest build?

On a different note, does anyone experience a lag/slowdown when unlocking the phone with the sliders? Aside from the GPS which I'm sure will be fixed, the slider unlocking doesn't seem as fluid and speedy as it should be. It seems they plague me in finding perfect speed and fluidity.

Thanks!

Dustin.

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Wanted to say first time poster here on DroidForums. I used to frequent the CyanogenMOD forums back when I had my HTC CDMA Hero. I still poke around the XDA forums but I've found the best DX info on these forums! I recently decided to try GummyJAR after being on RubiX for awhile. I believe I was on RubiX 1.8 and I used to get the ui crashing on me when I would slide to unlock my phone at least once or twice a day. I decided to try a new ROM before upgrading to latest RubiX and I am quite impressed. I love the Android 2.3 look and feel, top notch!

I do have a problem with the GPS on latest build though. I've cleared my GPS data and re-downloaded the assistance data with GPS Status but I still cannot actually get the GPS to lock on. Closest I'll get is 700 meters and that just a cell tower position. Does anyone still have problems with the GPS in the latest build?

On a different note, does anyone experience a lag/slowdown when unlocking the phone with the sliders? Aside from the GPS which I'm sure will be fixed, the slider unlocking doesn't seem as fluid and speedy as it should be. It seems they plague me in finding perfect speed and fluidity.

Thanks!

Kejar released and update to fix the GPS, however, you must wipe data/cache again and install it.

And I haven't experienced any bog yet, and I'm running 2.1 with BlueBerry theme, 5 home screens, widgets galore, and no bog yet!