[ROM] GummyJAR - Stripped down and geared towards SPEED!!!! - release 19 - 12/16

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
Weird on the Verizon thing. Also as far as syncing them to my gmail. I would since it would make it easier in the long run but I can't seem to get the contacts pulled in by backup assistant to sync to it. Admittedly I haven't tried very hard. I just exported them from my contacts list from a different rom and will go that route. I will probably not stick with this rom in the long run though. I am one of the odd people who loves the blur apps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
along with goat i cant get my contacts to sync with my google account and cant find backup assistant.. anyway to get my contacts back? or am i going to have to convert to stock rom export the contacts then import them back in?

also, anyway to change the sliders on the lock screen or disable the silent/loud one on the right? it somehow slides in my pocket enabling it to be on loud

Herndon

Reaction score
My google account wouldn't sync till I connected to a wifi connection then worked fine

Sent from a new fangled phone using something called an app

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
My google account wouldn't sync till I connected to a wifi connection then worked fine

tried that too, still no contacts... crazy, i know their on backup assistant... anyway to install that app?

Herndon

Reaction score
Try just getting from market

Jester822

Reaction score

tried that too, still no contacts... crazy, i know their on backup assistant... anyway to install that app?

Try going to verizon site on PC and exporting your contacts to an Outlook CSV. Then go to your gmail settings and importing it. Then gmail should push it to your phone during sync. Worked for me on my first ROM. No problems since. BTW, it's important to use the Outlook csv, the regular one doesn't integate well with google.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score

Try going to verizon site on PC and exporting your contacts to an Outlook CSV. Then go to your gmail settings and importing it. Then gmail should push it to your phone during sync. Worked for me on my first ROM. No problems since. BTW, it's important to use the Outlook csv, the regular one doesn't integate well with google.

i actually did exactly that and came back on here to post my find and you beat me to it. thanks for the post though!

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
its in the hands of the testers now.. release could happen as early as tonight.

droidster123

Reaction score
Where can I find the linear theme for this? Iv looked around but I must have missed it. Any help is much appreciated!

Dustin.

Reaction score
Where can I find the linear theme for this? Iv looked around but I must have missed it. Any help is much appreciated!

Linear hasn't been released for the D2 yet.

But it does work on the D2, I haven't experienced any issues with it, BUT most people have been having issues so I advise you to wait for the official release.

Mrgrey06

Reaction score

But it does work on the D2, I haven't experienced any issues with it, BUT most people have been having issues so I advise you to wait for the official release.

yeah, i didnt realize that the linear theme was not for the d2. had major issues. my screen stayed at what looked like the phone lock screen, and it wouldnt go anywhere. everything would load up, the icons on my bar looked ok. but nothing else worked. had to restore my backup i had. also had issues with this ROM in that i plugged it into my computer to try to load up a diff rom to test something else out, and it kept crashing and rebooting my phone... dunno what the issue is, but i just found it out right now. decided to restore to an old backup and go from there..

Dustin.

Reaction score

yeah, i didnt realize that the linear theme was not for the d2. had major issues. my screen stayed at what looked like the phone lock screen, and it wouldnt go anywhere. everything would load up, the icons on my bar looked ok. but nothing else worked. had to restore my backup i had. also had issues with this ROM in that i plugged it into my computer to try to load up a diff rom to test something else out, and it kept crashing and rebooting my phone... dunno what the issue is, but i just found it out right now. decided to restore to an old backup and go from there..

Well, GummyJAR 2.0 has been released, so I would recommend flashing that. (MAKE SURE YOU WIPE DATA/CACHE BEFORE INSTALLING 2.0!)

Mrgrey06

Reaction score

Well, GummyJAR 2.0 has been released, so I would recommend flashing that. (MAKE SURE YOU WIPE DATA/CACHE BEFORE INSTALLING 2.0!)

ok, so i flashed fission, and didnt like the general look and feel of it, so i came back to gummyjar. just reflashed again to 2.0. we'll see how it goes!! (didnt like fission also cuz no swype that i could figure out. maybe it was out, but just didnt know...)