[ROM] Rolling Rolling Rolling GummyJAR just keep a rolling aha... 2.5 12/28

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I couldn't have put it any simpler myself. We often forget the true use and options on these devices all to play with graphics and eye candy. When the mods start to take away the functionallity we sometimes stay with it because it looks good. I have been there and done that. I just have one backup now and its my original blur or stock I had saved before my ventures into roms and etc. I may just try the gb though...

trentw

Reaction score
where can i find 320/340?

Where can i find a 320 or 340 install? :icon_evil:

pinkmini

Reaction score
Im so confused. Im new to having a droid, previously an evo owner and so much about droid is really different. Anyway I have a droid 2 with froyo 2.2 so will this rom work? Or is this only for gingerbread 2.3?

phrozen087

Reaction score
Im so confused. Im new to having a droid, previously an evo owner and so much about droid is really different. Anyway I have a droid 2 with froyo 2.2 so will this rom work? Or is this only for gingerbread 2.3?

This rom is for froyo 2.2 only. You can't use it with gingerbread so this is probably what you are looking for.

On another note:
I had been using liberty for about 3 months and finally got tired of its scripts, checks, silent updates, toolboxes, etc... I just wanted a clean simple build of android where I could only have the system, my custom theme and my apps. Ended up reverting back to GummJAR 2.5 about 2-3 weeks ago and haven't looked back. I think I will stick with this until something new comes along or until I replace this Droid 2. I think I'll wait and see if a new phone get cyanogenmod or MIUI before I upgrade again next time.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Gummyjar is as solid as your going to get for the DROID 2. I honestly prefer it over gingerbread. If I still had my DROID 2 gummyjar would definitely be what I would run.

projekt128

Reaction score
Performance vs. GB

What is the consensus on performance vs. Liberty? From the hype it seems that this beast is running pretty incredible. Thoughts?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What is the consensus on performance vs. Liberty? From the hype it seems that this beast is running pretty incredible. Thoughts?

From reading the other comments on here it sounds like this is a solid rom for the d2. I have been thinking about getting one to root it and see what its capable of to hold me over until I get a full upgrade from verizon. After reasearch and some advice I have received from some peeps I know who have one, this rom sounds like the way to go.

projekt128

Reaction score

From reading the other comments on here it sounds like this is a solid rom for the d2. I have been thinking about getting one to root it and see what its capable of to hold me over until I get a full upgrade from verizon. After reasearch and some advice I have received from some peeps I know who have one, this rom sounds like the way to go.

Been rocking this for a week now and it's pretty pro. No problems at all, running perfect. +1

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I see that you have a Droid Charge. Are you by chance looking for Kejar's Droid Charge rom called GummyCharged? Or are you searching for the old froyo Droid 2 GummyJar rom? If you need to the Droid 2 gummyjar zip I can upload it to my dropbox for you to download just give me a couple minutes.

addictedhacks

Reaction score
I see that you have a Droid Charge. Are you by chance looking for Kejar's Droid Charge rom called GummyCharged? Or are you searching for the old froyo Droid 2 GummyJar rom? If you need to the Droid 2 gummyjar zip I can upload it to my dropbox for you to download just give me a couple minutes.

Oh no thanx man...I actually have gb eclipse on my charge but since there hasnt been much dev lately i thought i had go back and play with d2 for a bit..but yea i actually did find a good link...thanx man last i played around over here was in Jan.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I had to come in here to check out what was going on in this thread. This ROM is one of my favs. I always like to flash ROMs from time to time that are barebones and just work really well, this was the one for the D2 for sure. Had this on the 2 with the Frost theme for quite sometime before I had to let it go :frown:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to come in here to check out what was going on in this thread. This ROM is one of my favs. I always like to flash ROMs from time to time that are barebones and just work really well, this was the one for the D2 for sure. Had this on the 2 with the Frost theme for quite sometime before I had to let it go :frown:

Yup! This was my first rom I ever flashed:-( awe..lol it was awesome and had no problems that I can think of.. I metamorphed a hell of a lot back then.. I think dev is on the charge nowdays! He's definately awesome and educated with software and programming.. I still follow him on twitter..lol

*Yup just flashed that one too!*

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yup! This was my first rom I ever flashed:-( awe..lol it was awesome and had no problems that I can think of.. I metamorphed a hell of a lot back then.. I think dev is on the charge nowdays! He's definately awesome and educated with software and programming.. I still follow him on twitter..lol

*Yup just flashed that one too!*

Honestly I cant think of anything that didnt work. It was an all around solid and crazy reliable ROM. And he definitely is deving for the charge now, believe he has a whole team actually. Would love to check out his current work but theres this whole silly issue of not having a charge...

HazardInc

Reaction score
Droid 2 (non Global) - flashed GummyJar - did a back up and full wipe prior to installing (and yes I am rooted) everything looked to be working - now I am stuck at the (M) screen I can jump to recovery but no longer have clockwork it somehow vanished ( I have my backups but now it is rebooting to android system recovery 3e I can get into the SD card and see the files but it will not let me load anything was hoping someone might be able to help me thanks

<semi noob> have used Fission, Apex and a few others this one :icon_eek: *blowed up* help me

Scott