[ROM] GummyJAR 2.0 Droid done Right - 12/21

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
I see what I did.. saved it as a zip file on my sd card.. odd

Sent from my DROID2

Herndon

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing low sound when on the phone even with in-call volume all the way up??

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

rohanrns

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing low sound when on the phone even with in-call volume all the way up??

Yes I have noticed this behavior as well, the first few times I attributed it to poor signal or background noise but the persistence makes me wonder if it is an issue with the ROM.

Herndon

Reaction score
It's really my only complaint but it's kind of a big one so I hope it will can be fixed

whezzel

Reaction score
I had an eris before the droid 2 and on every eclair rom it had the 50% without signal but they fixed it somehow. I'm gunna look around and see if I can find the fix

Goosey52

Reaction score
Hey is there any way to fix Google framework? I had squidlys before i came back to gummy and it died periodically, now I'm having the same problem with gummy. I'll get an error saying its not responding and i usually just reboot but is there anything else?

Reaction score
Wipe Install

Do I NEED to wipe everything before I install this, because I'd rather not unless I absolutely have to, or is it just recommended?

rmz489

Reaction score
repost?

Will you please re post the download link it says page can not be found

GummyJAR

Stripped down and geared towards SPEED!!!!

gummyjar2.png

Do not install themes over the top of GummyJAR 2.0 unless they were made for 2.0, you will get stuck in a bootloop if you do

Note: If you are having issues with GPS on 2.0 you will need to do a wipe install of 2.1 to fix it!!! Sorry

GummyJar is built for and only tested on 2.3.320/340 based phones.... If you are running 2.3.15 you might have issues Don't worry D2users you are good :)

GummyJAR is an AOSP like rom, yes it is based off of a moto rom (2.3.340)

99% of all apps were compiled by me from source (a few needed to be there from moto... like three or so provider.service apps)... This is a first and I was able to accomplish this though modifying the framework in both cvpc's and cyanogenmod's source. All source changes will be available to anyone who requests them after GummyJAR is released.... So yes this work will work its way into other Blur based ROM's

The look and and feel of this rom is AOSP + Gingerbread with a few tweaks :) If you are a themer and would like to release themes for my rom PM me...

GummyJAR is really as close to AOSP as we are going to get until cvpcs and Matt get things figured out and the bugs cleared up!!!

Thanks to Droid2169 for his patience with me when I needed help or just a question answered. GummyJAR will also be using his busybox and script which is greatly appreciated!
Thanks to Matt4542 for all his help and support along the way!!!! Oh and thanks for testing and porting GummyJAR to the D2 :p
Thanks to Duhstehn my D2 tester.. you are friggin Awesome!!!
Thanks over_leaf for the wallpaper image!
Thanks to WJD for the awesome boot animation!!!
Thanks to jacksonbarber for testing my ROM!
Thanks to theecho for hosting my ROM!
Thanks for cvpcs for publicly posting his source, which I compiled most of my apps from.
Thanks for teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from.
Angdroid for the reboot option.

Features:
New base....built by me
First Non-AOSP ROM to include phone, contacts, settings..... hell 90% of all the apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! And it shows in pure speed!!!!!
Blurless obviously
Wycontacts
AOSP Lockscreen/Pattern lock
CM music player built from source and compiled by me with lockscreen control support (lockscreen support temporarily removed)
Black / Inverted GVoice and Gtalk
Gingerbread keyboard - Not available in the D2, sorry to many buggs
AppWidgetPicker
Latest Market included
build.prop tweaks - thanks to LexusBrian400
Ads blocked via hosts file - thanks to delta_foxtrot2
Framework cleanup to properly match AOSP
10% battery increments
Reboot option in power down menu
All apps optimized and zip aligned
More to come...

Known Issues:

Change Log:
1.5:
Resolved issue with brightness and volume
Resolved issue with Google Search FCing
Updates added to the base
Remove the Gingerbread keyboard
To help resolve issues for the time being I went back to the stock Settings. Notice: I used the Setting.apk from Fission 2.1 so credit goes to them for the modifications within that APK.

Default theme is now Gingerbread
Launcher2 themed to match Gingerbread (this is not the hacked GB launcher) -credit me
Gingerbread keyboard fixed (correct size) and included - credit me
Inverted Gtalk and Gvoice (looks very good with the gingerbread theme) - credit me
Market updated to the new one released yesterday

Updated the base to 2.3.340
Fixed Auto Restore issue
Fixed network locations issue

Resolved issue with Battery Usage FC's
Removed Moto Batter Manager (buggy)
Added AppWidgetPicker - Credit goes to boombuler
Re-added AOSP source built settings.apk as I was able to fix the brightness and volume settings last night, which was the original issues.

Fix for the Google quick search FC's

CyanogenMod Music player built from source by me with working lockscreen controls...
Increased key size on keyboard
More build.prop tweaks.

Updated some of the apps themes to integrate with the Gingerbread theme better.

More apps have been moved built from source, all but three at this point (USB.apk, motorolasettingsprovider.apk and zoomservice.apk) all of which are closed...
New bootanimation made by WJD
Fixed bug with Accessibility apps
removed the Moto lockscreen and added the Adroid AOSP one back
Fixed the Pin, Password and Pattern lock
Removed music controls from lockscreen (a price that needed to be paid for the AOSP version included)
New Quick search from Gingerbread included
More to come after Chirstmas cause its family time now.......

Things to expect.... Rotary LockScreen, Music controls added back to the LockScreen

Fixed GPS bug

Disclaimer:
I take no responsibility for what this ROM may do to your phone.

Download:
DX
Mirror for DX thanks to Bgill
D2

Updates

Themes
Numbered Battery Icon themes will be remade at a later date and time.. If a themer would like to step up and take care of this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Please do not use the numbered battery Icon theme from GummyJAR 1.X as this will cause bootloops

Addons
Swype for the DX
Swype for the D2
AOSP keyboard for people having issues with the Gingerbread one.

Install:
make sure you have root and clockworks recovery installed
Waring!!!! Make sure you are on 2.3.320 or 2.3.340!!!
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select DX/D2_GummyJAR-X.X.zip
-reboot

Installing themes or Addons
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "mounts and storage"
-select mount /system
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select TheameName.zip
-reboot

Note:
Again do not install themes from any other ROM on this as it will cause bootloops.

Donate:
While GummyJAR will allways be free - non-contributionware - I would very much appreciated it you got me a beer or two :cool:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Follow the link in my signature for the gummyjar 2.5 download. This version isn't the most recent gummyjar release and 2.5 is just as stable with a couple more features.

clem11388

Reaction score
Follow the link in my signature for the gummyjar 2.5 download. This version isn't the most recent gummyjar release and 2.5 is just as stable with a couple more features.

There isn't any link in your signature. I'm just looking for a Rom that has a translucent notification bar. But I also don't want to have Bluetooth, GPS, LED light, or other issues that people have reported with various Roms. Could someone give direction to the best way to find the most up to date versions of all the Roms that work with the Droid 2?

clem11388

Reaction score
Thank you patmw123!! :) I have actually been running Liberty 2.0.1 and been LOVING it. Minor tiffs here and there but all in all its awsome. I went ahead and downloaded GummyJAR form the link you sent just so I'll have it for furture "Fun Times" :)

In playing around with Liberty I found out that there is actually 2 different Droid 2's. One is a Global phone and the other isn't. I knew I have a Global phone cause the Verizon rep told me. But I thought that was because ALL Droid 2's were global phones. But I found the "GRD-D2 Romer v7" thing and got Liberty working almost flawlessly! now and I assume that the same "GRD-D2 Romer v7" will also work on GummyJAR to convert it into a Droid 2 Global Rom as well?

Also, do you or anyone else know how to make the "Themes" work from the Liberty Toolbox. I want it to have a blue color instead of the Yellow it has right now. Similar to the way "Simply Stunning" looked on the old Droid 1's a year or so ago. Blue is my absolute favorite color and having it be a blue theme through out the system would make this ROM pretty close to perfect.

Thanks again for the Link and any advice anyone has for Liberty themes on a D2G.

God bless