[ROM] Rolling Rolling Rolling GummyJAR just keep a rolling aha... 2.5 12/28

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Ill attempt to help you but I must warn you I am fairly new to D2/DX troubleshooting...

What did you try to flash the ROM over? Were you already on a froyo ROM or were you on a GB based one?

HazardInc

Reaction score
Ill attempt to help you but I must warn you I am fairly new to D2/DX troubleshooting...

What did you try to flash the ROM over? Were you already on a froyo ROM or were you on a GB based one?

I was already on a GB type ROM and had been using the same Rom for 6 months I was hoping for a change it just seemed like the Rom I had was slowly starting to degrade or my phone or me ... actually I liked the look of Gummy and followed the How To verbatim personally I could only imagine I messed it up. just don't know what went wrong

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well if you were on a GB ROM and tried to flash over that then that was your issue. Gummyjar 2.5 is a froyo ROM. Trying to install it would cause you to bootloop. At this point I would imagine you will have to SBF.

HazardInc

Reaction score
unfortunately not even SBF is working .... I think this was just a ploy on my inner child to go buy a new phone however was hoping to hold out to Sept. somehow Bionic, Apple... who knows

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well as much fun as buying a new phone is. What do you mean even SBF wont work? Like your phone isnt being recognized or something like that?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
unfortunately not even SBF is working .... I think this was just a ploy on my inner child to go buy a new phone however was hoping to hold out to Sept. somehow Bionic, Apple... who knows

If you can get into bootloader power and up hold a few secs while off..you should be fine!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can get into bootloader power and up hold a few secs while off..you should be fine!

Of course by fine I mean there is help via sbf...I hope you at least tried to sbf via computer before giving up?

HazardInc

Reaction score
I was trying to run RDLite with a few known good SBF files DROID2_X6_2.3.20_SYSTEM-ONLY.sbf, SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf however booting to recovery I am limited as I only have android system recovery 3e as my choice I have formatted the SD card I launched RDLite and my windows machine will not detect the phone I have made sure I have the right moto drivers installed and I am linked to the SBF file but no phone detected ... I am downgrading myself to noob... I am trying to figure out how to use a command line but honestly am only familiar with Dos for the most part cd.. md.. dir /p etc.. I am assuming there might be a software program that will be more linux based and I can shell in ( learned that one ) but again the noob comes out ... I have heard I may need to find another PC as this is running Windows 7 64b and RDLite does not play well ?? but I know I have used it before I think... sorry for rattling on

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was trying to run RDLite with a few known good SBF files DROID2_X6_2.3.20_SYSTEM-ONLY.sbf, SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf however booting to recovery I am limited as I only have android system recovery 3e as my choice I have formatted the SD card I launched RDLite and my windows machine will not detect the phone I have made sure I have the right moto drivers installed and I am linked to the SBF file but no phone detected ... I am downgrading myself to noob... I am trying to figure out how to use a command line but honestly am only familiar with Dos for the most part cd.. md.. dir /p etc.. I am assuming there might be a software program that will be more linux based and I can shell in ( learned that one ) but again the noob comes out ... I have heard I may need to find another PC as this is running Windows 7 64b and RDLite does not play well ?? but I know I have used it before I think... sorry for rattling on

Try unplugging and replugging the phone usb in the computer..while rsdlite is running..you may have to manualy install the drivers as I had to..it worked for me then..

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also..you are in the clear when your phone can get into bootloader..I have fixed a few beyond bricked devices..but the hardest part sometimes is just recognition of the device via drivers..try again and again with the drivers..sometimes a restart and try again..before giving up..lol hope this helps...

rustynail1978

Reaction score
I've been looking all over, is this ROM still available for download? All the GB ROMs I use block wifi tethering and I'd like to have it back. I've found that the wifi tether block is not in froyo on my phone, but I want a good ROM to run on froyo. Please help if you know where to find this ROM.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been looking all over, is this ROM still available for download? All the GB ROMs I use block wifi tethering and I'd like to have it back. I've found that the wifi tether block is not in froyo on my phone, but I want a good ROM to run on froyo. Please help if you know where to find this ROM.

Ah..This was my first ROM on D2.. awesome.. anyway. Go dl ROM Crawler. If you can't get a link anywhere else. Not sure if its still in ROM manager.. go check there. I'm sure someone has a mirror or link..Have you tried cm7??????? That's awesome! But froyo kernel will not be the best battery..lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk