[ROM][DROID2] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/12/2011)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still having a couple of issues. First and most annoying is issues with bluetooth. The moment that there is any adjustment to the volume, the bluetooth connection is drop. I usually have to shutdown and restart the phone before I can connect.

Secondly, the phone rings with sound out for a partial first ring, then only the vibration is heard. I have played with ring volume, etc., and still it will not fully ring.

I really hate to have to do a wipe and start over again... Thank goodness for Titanium back up....

The Bluetooth issue is a known problem with this rom.

sent from my ApeX

dudemansir

Reaction score
now how does something like bluetooth get fixed? (having same problem here) are there small minor patches that can be applied? or do you need a whole new flash of an updated rom?

tb110895

Reaction score
I am stuck in a boot loop.

What do I do???
Droid 2

Boot into recovery by hollding X. Once you see the android guy pop up, press the search button on your keyboard and wipe data and cache.
You were running gingerbread before install, correct?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

CharlesT

Reaction score
If 2.2 is gingerbread, then yes.

I'm sorry. I'm very new to these.

What do I do next?

tb110895

Reaction score
If 2.2 is gingerbread, then yes.

I'm sorry. I'm very new to these.

What do I do next?

2.2 is not gingerbread, its froyo. You're probably going to have to perform an SBF now. This will put your phone back to stock where you can start over. Check the second and fourth links in my sig, they will help you

CharlesT

Reaction score
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
I got it back.

I have no idea how to do these....

You must be on the D2 Gingerbread leak or a ROM based on it.
System should be: 4.5.153.A955-continuous.Verizon.en.US
Kernel should be: 2.6.32.9-gd72dc5d
a20523@il93lnxdroid49#1

How do I do it?

tb110895

Reaction score
Droid 2 Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release - PreRooted

There is where you can get the leak. You have to be on 2.2. Wipe data and cache, then flash this. Once you've flashed this, it might appear to bootloop but just give it a few minutes. If its still looping after five minutes, I would wipe data and cache again. After you're on the leak, get the bootstrapper again, then wipe data and cache, then flash apeX

steelersfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know why my battery was horrible on this (and zombiestomped), but is pretty good on the gingerbread leak?
Also, did anyone get the blur home to work?

tb110895

Reaction score
Does anyone know why my battery was horrible on this (and zombiestomped), but is pretty good on the gingerbread leak?

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the leak was built for the droid 2 whereas Zombie and apeX were built off of the newer Droid X builds, and the official DX release. Dont see why this would have any effect though

steelersfan

Reaction score

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the leak was built for the droid 2 whereas Zombie and apeX were built off of the newer Droid X builds, and the official DX release. Dont see why this would have any effect though
That was my only guess was that it was a different version of gb. Guess my phone just doesn't like those ones too well..

aeidian

Reaction score
I just wanted to express my thanks to the dev of this. I have searched high and low for a stock, vanilla GB rom. A couple of them came close, but none have been able to capture stock GB the way that Fission captured stock Froyo. I applaud your efforts, and hope that you stick with this, as Fission is dead in the water for D2. I can't thank you enough.

tb110895

Reaction score
I just wanted to express my thanks to the dev of this. I have searched high and low for a stock, vanilla GB rom. A couple of them came close, but none have been able to capture stock GB the way that Fission captured stock Froyo. I applaud your efforts, and hope that you stick with this, as Fission is dead in the water for D2. I can't thank you enough.

CyanogenMod is also another completely stock AOSP GB ROM. Also, angdroid just came back on twitter and apologized for not being dev'ing the past few months. He's dev'ing fission again for the Inspire, DX, D2, D2G, DX2, and a few others. Just thought I'd pass it along

aeidian

Reaction score
I tried CM when I had an HTC G2, and didn't care for it. Far as angdroid, that guy has a habit of disappearing and reappearing and apologizing and then disappearing again and reappearing, and so on, probably just long enough to take the donates and bail out again.

I don't want to derail the thread, I just wanted to express my thanks.

5150rr

Reaction score
I just installed apex and am loving the speed i was just wondering how do i get to the terminal emulater?