[ROM] *Updated*[PORT] ApeX 2.0 Release Candidate (RC4) (10/11/2011)

bako.li

Reaction score
hi guys,

congrats for the Dev for his efforts :hail:,

just a quick Q- whats the avail RAM after clean install without anything installed or sync???

cheers

SimonHova

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem with the latest upgrade to Google Search and the Apex ROM? When I install, I get a package signing error. Is there a new build that takes care of this?

nutpn

Reaction score
Is this Apex dead, do we need to move on to other roms or is someone working on it!

r3j2

Reaction score
Trying to install this over the CM7 build for DPro, and I just keep getting an error that says:

"Can't open /sdcard/ApeX-Dpro-2.0.0-RC4.zip (bad)"

Any ideas? I wiped data, cache, and dalvik. Thought I could just flash this right over CM7. MD5 checks out.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is this Apex dead, do we need to move on to other roms or is someone working on it!

Bigxie (the person who made ApeX) has moved to the GNex so as far as I know this is the final version.

Sent from my D2G

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Trying to install this over the CM7 build for DPro, and I just keep getting an error that says:

"Can't open /sdcard/ApeX-Dpro-2.0.0-RC4.zip (bad)"

Any ideas? I wiped data, cache, and dalvik. Thought I could just flash this right over CM7. MD5 checks out.

Redownload it. I don't know of any reason you shouldn't be able to flash it.

Sent from my D2G

r3j2

Reaction score
Well, no dice. Still getting that (bad) error. I don't know what other information I could provide. That's a real bummer, I had high hopes for this being a nice, stable medium between stock and cm7.

EDIT: Can't believe it, 4 good downloads, but something happened in transit over usb, and the md5 didn't check out. Switched to another port, and now it's installing. What an odd error. Rebooting into ApeX now!

Welp. Bootloops. I can boot into recovery, but pressin the @ key doesn't bring up options. How the hell did I get so unlucky? I guess I'll sbf.

Last edited:
OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Welp. Bootloops. I can boot into recovery, but pressin the @ key doesn't bring up options. How the hell did I get so unlucky? I guess I'll sbf.

Hold the 2 volume keys down. It was changed from froyo to gb >.<

r3j2

Reaction score
Oh no! I thought I tried that, but not both at the same time! Shoot, now I'm stuck on stock 3.8.7. Anyone have a way to root this phone on linux?

r3j2

Reaction score
Wow, solid, I'll be back on ApeX in no time. I'm going to take the 4.6.8 OTA, then root and install over a totally fresh system. I think there may have been some problem with the data and cache wiping, because even my sbf bootlooped until I used recovery to do a factory reset.

EDIT: Ok, I'm successfully running ApeX. So far, solid. Surprisingly blurry, but I think I really became accustomed to CM7's interface. Still, stability is what I was after, and so far I have no complaints. Thanks for all the hard work on the ROM, and the bonehead technical support I needed.

Last edited:

ngtwolf

Reaction score

Unfortunately nothing else out to move on to that is as stable as this. If you don't use the unlocked GSM radio, CM7 is really the only other option. That might change with the ICS ports, we'll see.

mcdougz

Reaction score
Looping problem

When I installed CM7 over 4.6.8, it looped endlessly, or at least I didn't wait 10 minutes for it. I went back in, wiped the cache, and it booted no problem. Since then, I have had issues with bugs on CM7, so I'm looking into Apex. Hope this helps.

ozo012

Reaction score
I'm curious, how do you guys like Apex compared to CM7. I know everyone says it is more stable but the only issue I have is an occasional reboot from Google Music which I also had on stock (maybe it's just Google Music in general...) My main concern is battery life which on CM7 has been sporadic the last few days (I am planning on wiping battery stats out once the phone is fully charged.) How is the battery life on Apex?

Chris