[ROM] *Updated*[PORT] ApeX 2.0 Release Candidate (RC4) (10/11/2011)

r3j2

Reaction score
I use Juice Defender to manage my radio connections, and I find Apex to be comparable to CM7. I could get 24+ hours out of a charge with light use, and about 13 hours (maybe a bit more) if I used it during work, which includes ~5 hours of 3g internet radio usage.

I know that's probably not typical, but it's been my experience. Juice Defender works pretty well, but sometimes it is incredibly aggravating because it will cause my phone to hang on unlock. I think it's some kind of bug with reenabling data. It get's more pronounced the longer I go without rebooting my phone.

I also had a question of my own: Has anyone found (or cared to find) a way to use the proximity sensor while in a call? I loved that about BLUR and CM7...hold the phone to my face, and the screen goes dark, preventing face-disconnecting, but when I pull it away to check the time or use the dialpad, it immediately lights up. Any ideas?

Thanks!

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I use Juice Defender to manage my radio connections, and I find Apex to be comparable to CM7. I could get 24+ hours out of a charge with light use, and about 13 hours (maybe a bit more) if I used it during work, which includes ~5 hours of 3g internet radio usage.

I know that's probably not typical, but it's been my experience. Juice Defender works pretty well, but sometimes it is incredibly aggravating because it will cause my phone to hang on unlock. I think it's some kind of bug with reenabling data. It get's more pronounced the longer I go without rebooting my phone.

I also had a question of my own: Has anyone found (or cared to find) a way to use the proximity sensor while in a call? I loved that about BLUR and CM7...hold the phone to my face, and the screen goes dark, preventing face-disconnecting, but when I pull it away to check the time or use the dialpad, it immediately lights up. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Proximity sensor is ultimately the reason I went back to CM7. Frustrating. Apex was a nice ROM aside from that.

r3j2

Reaction score
Hmm, no handy app-solution, eh? Yeah, the only gripes I have with it are the basic phone functionality side of things. Pretty much everything else I either enjoy directly, or have found an app that will give me the functionality I want.

robi72

Reaction score
Hi I'd like to use this rom.
I have a few questions:
I live in Europe and need gsm working. Is gsm working well in Apex ?
Camera and Video recording are ok ?
Is the dlna app working as in the stock Moto rom ?

I tried CM7 but it's too buggy for me I need somenthing more stable and I understand Apex is more reliable.

I will then need someone to drive me step by step in applying this rom...

I'm now back to my GB 4.6.8 stock (backup I made in recovery and restored coming from CM7).

Now once I put the Apex rom zip file in my sd and enter recovery mode should I:
wipe System
Data
Cache
Dallvik Cache ?

Or should I now somenthing else ?
I'd prefer not to face big problems and avoid SBF...

What to do in case I want to revert back to stock GB ?

Thanks a lot

ngtwolf

Reaction score
Hi I'd like to use this rom.
I have a few questions:
I live in Europe and need gsm working. Is gsm working well in Apex ?
Camera and Video recording are ok ?
Is the dlna app working as in the stock Moto rom ?

As far as I know GSM works fine. I'm using it on GSM Myself. However, because I'm on AT&T I had to use the hacked radio, but it still works fine. You would't need any hack so presumably it should work as well, if not better.

Camera and Video recording work without any issues.

I don't think there is any dlna app on the apex rom, I wasn't aware that there was one on the stock rom so I don't know why they would have taken it out. I installed MediaShare for the DLNA functionality (there is a lite version).

claymoses

Reaction score
Quick question: I've been running APEX and like it, but thought about trying the TBH Gingerbread. can anyone tell me what the differences are, or opinions on which is better?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

pcpilot309

Reaction score
installed Apex last night after sbf to stock from CM7. I could not boot into Clockwork recovery after flashing apex. I uninstalled the Droid 2 bootstrapper and rom manager. Reinstalled them and now I can boot into CW recovery. dancedroid Also the eris market fix worked on my Pro to mod the build.prop so now I am able to use protected apps (like On Star). No connectivity issues noted. I'm sticking with Apex ( for now, LOL)