[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by Fabolous, May 4, 2011.

1. doniago

doniago Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    ^I was hoping to come in here with a good answer for you...instead I'm hoping for a good answer from someone else. Drat.

2. mcp770

mcp770 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Prior to the crappy aosp camera rearing its ugly head again your were able to turn off shutter sound in camera settings. On liberty its available in liberty settings also I believe. Apex unfortunately I haven't found an option.

3. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    yeah you cant shut it off with the aosp camera. the blur camera works tho. just switch to that. IMO, it takes better pics.

4. Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a way to get the Blur camera and the 3D gallery to play nice together?

5. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Worked fine for me on froyo...haven't tried it on gb yet. About to restore smote blur right now and give it a go

This message was probably sent from the can

6. Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IIRC, blur cam tries to open the MediaGallery.apk and the 3D gallery is named differently. I wonder if I can symlink to the Gallery.apk so it points to the proper app? Backing up and giving it a try. Will post results.

This just in ....
    You can set BlurCam to default camera launched from Gallery3D, but I am still looking for a way to link BACK to the Gallery3D app from the preview image in the BlurCam. Not entirely sure it's worth trying to link it. It isn't hard to exit 1 app and manually open the other. Or open gallery first and back out with the arrow button as necessary.

#174 Int_Rnd_Pooka, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  7. Slow88lx

Slow88lx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have Google Music beta working on Apex? I have an invite working online and on my PC. But can't seem to make it work on the phone. I have the Music app installed but I don't see a way to make it connect to my google account. What am I missing?

218 of 18,000 songs uploaded. lol

8. musicfanlh

musicfanlh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I'm on apex with honeybread...its awesome....when I first loaded it my market was blue and black which looked great. Now after google downloaded all of my apps the market went back to the stock green....what happened?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

9. Trav06

Trav06 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone point me towards a guide for going from stock Froyo (2.3.340) to Apex 2.0? I just got an X and haven't been able to track down a clear process yet.

10. Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The original post on page 1 of this thread is very much a step-by-step process. Is there something in particular you were having an issue with, such as a certain step in the process?

Z4root and Droid 2 Bootstrap are the only apps you /need/ to do this, if I recall. I rather like using Titanium to get my apps backed up nicely.

11. Trav06

Trav06 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rooted with Z4 already, but the first step made me think there was more to it:
    "1. You must be on a Gingerbread based ROM. If not, see diagram above for the upgrade path from Froyo to Gingerbread."

MDW 3-Step GB Updates is the next thing in the upgrade path from .340, which is where I assume my path starts.

12. DThomp

DThomp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup. Give get the 3 part 588 from mdw and install that while in the same flash session. Then, after a reboot, flash apex part 1 and the kernal update zip, reboot atleast once, then flash apex pt.2. And you are off and running. Don't forget to wipe data and cache.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

restoreblur script