[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

neowiz73

Reaction score
Amazing rom, just what i've been looking for, very clean build. my DX is operating much better now :)

my only concerns is that we aren't able to change colors, would be awesome for theme support or something along those lines.

The notifications for unread sms, missed calls etc overrides any add-ons such as the go launcher ex notification app. I really like the numbers over my icons.

but other than that, perfect mod.

Last edited:

JWellington

Reaction score
Anyone know when or if apex will migrate from release candidate to stable? At this point it's not looking too likely.

Swyped from my Droid X.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when or if apex will migrate from release candidate to stable? At this point it's not looking too likely.

Swyped from my Droid X.

It is stable. Release candidate means its stable enough to be released.

Its even more stable than stock Gingerbread IMO.

SSX v2.0

JWellington

Reaction score
Yea, I suppose you are right about that....
I took a break and went to Cyanogen...coming back to Apex for the stability and functionality.

tebower

Reaction score
Is it probably safe to assume that Apex isn't going to be updated until Verizon releases their update to fix the bugs that came in .596? I know Moto has another GB update in the pipe for the DX. Apex is cool, but no lockscreen music controls is a dealbreaker for me. I don't want to use Widgetlocker.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it probably safe to assume that Apex isn't going to be updated until Verizon releases their update to fix the bugs that came in .596? I know Moto has another GB update in the pipe for the DX. Apex is cool, but no lockscreen music controls is a dealbreaker for me. I don't want to use Widgetlocker.

That is due to the AOSP music player also. You can use the Blur music player and get the music controls on the lock screen.

SSX v2.0

tebower

Reaction score
Looking through the removed apps ZIP file, I don't see any called Music or even having the word music in the name of the .apk. Guidance?

tebower

Reaction score
Another question -

Regarding the lockscreen. Is there any reason that the font for the date and clock is not stock Clockopia? When the lockscreen is viewed in landscape mode, it is in the stock Android font, but when it is portrait, it is the one that Motorola changed it to. I am surprised that this wasn't changed with all of the modifications to the framework. Is it possible for me to change JUST the lockscreen clock in portrait? I don't want to change any other fonts. (I have tried with Absolute System, but don't like how it changes everything everywhere.)

kevant69

Reaction score
I currently pay for the 3g Mobile Hotspot and would like to install that app but I can't locate the app in the list. I use it at work and for my kids iPod touch in the car. Why don't I see it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

books720

Reaction score
Got an easy one for you guys. When ever I jump on the internet the screen shows up way way zoomed in every time. Where can I find the settings to fix this?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which browser are you on? Stock? Dolphin? There's usually an option in the browser settings that allows you to choose how close up to open up pages.

CM74D2

books720

Reaction score
Found it .. default zoom size was set at med .. selected the far option. Thxs again man.

books720

Reaction score
ADW question. After install of 2.0 I had a choice of adw launcher or the other one. Me being so excited that I finally got it to work hit the other choice and not adw. Now I can't find the adw to play with the settings. When I hit menu - settings it gives me the "stock" options. Where can I find ADW???