[ROM][DROID2] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/12/2011)

Giroux28

Reaction score
oooooo so ur saying sleep mode will do it for me ORRRRRRR i can use juice defender to set **** up while the fone is on correct idopa?

Giroux28

Reaction score
i downloaded ultimate installed and set her up well see how she goes

also i do wanna state that battery life with apex 2.0 rc2 without touching anything is PERFECTLY AMAZING AND BY FAR THE BEST IVE EVER EXPERIENCED... im always just tryna make stuff better...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah ultimate should work fine. Calibrate the battery too with battery calibration (app), use quickclock advanced to run at the lowest voltage possible.

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

Giroux28

Reaction score
so wait if i set this thing up with the noifcation bar setting and also the data off when screen off setting does that mean i will never get calls or texts or anything while my screen is off and will not recieve it until i turn screen on? dude is there anyway u could tell me how u have it set up or something? im advanced with all of this stuff... ive been rooting and roming since droid 1 two years ago... im jus unfamiliar with this app... i like what i see tho man, it looks like a steroided up version of the android battery mode screen LOL

i already use droid2 overclock and i keep it at 1ghz and go low voltage... ur saying i should use ultra low voltage with d2 overclock at 1ghz? and also instead of battery calibration i use clockwork to reset battery stats and i did that 5 days ago after i had rc2 themed and set up the way i wanted... i should do my reset batt stat cycle again too ur saying? thanks in advance for everything, if u ever need help with anything im ur man dude

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you've already calibrated that's OK. It's good to do after switching roms. Just set juice defender to balanced and see how that goes. No need to overcomplicate it. ;) texts are not 3g so you'll get calls and sms. Actually its smart in the sense that it won't prevent you from getting the messages and mail that you need. I've recently stopped using jd though since getting into sysctl and Imoseyon.com. Oh one more thing. Def calibrate with quickclock advanced, it's essential. Then in droid overclock, enable the smartass governor. It is the best. Read up on it if you don't know how it works. Then there is sysctl (droid overclock advanced in settings). Too long to explain it here, but set it up from top to bottom like this
Oom task on.
Increases performance and saves battery. Just make sure to reboot at least once a day to clear the cache.

Last edited:

Giroux28

Reaction score
hahahah well i have it on custom and i have it all set up the way i want it... thank u so much for reccommending this app... it does exactly what i want it to do... i also went down to ultra low voltage with droid 2 overclock ill let you know how my life goes... (battery life-lol

wow i just saw the 2nd part to ur post and did the sysctl thing and also went with the smartass governer... i always clear my cache at least once a day so itll be perfect... dude i cant thank u enough for this good info!!!

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No worries. I get excited sometimes when it comes to Droid and tweaking haha. Glad its working for you

Giroux28

Reaction score
No worries. I get excited sometimes when it comes to Droid and tweaking haha. Glad its working for you

you mentioned that it was essential to calibrate with quickclock advanced however previously u mentioned a diff app to calibrate with... i reset my batt stats again after all these changes and i was at 100%... is there something essential that i need to do with quickclock advanced?? i did everything else u said besides that cause i was confused

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
My bad. Calibrate the battery with battery calibration AND calibrate your cpu with quickclock advanced. It will run a test and find the lowest voltage your phone can run at and the max frequency you can run at. It does it all for you and is safer than droid overclock, believe me. Check your pm box now, i'm sending you a gift

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Brain fart dude. Like I said before, it's a blur thing. No way to get it on apex. Lol! I would just turn off auto sync and manually push gmail and fb. That's what i do. Use juice defender to turn data off when the phone is asleep. Better than battery saver!

You can get those settings in Apex. You can download "Battery Settings" via "Fission ROM Manager," and flash it in bootstrap.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Good to know. Isn't fission a froyo rom? You can install battery settings from a froyo rom on a gb rom (apex?) Interesting.

Giroux28

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Good to know. Isn't fission a froyo rom? You can install battery settings from a froyo rom on a gb rom (apex?) Interesting.

yea lol im not so sure about that... i even looked into it and got nowhere... im glad i dont need it anymore and have a way better setup thanks to the issue and idopa haha

dothan

Reaction score
up!!! this rom is very good for using, the speed is as same as cm7

kcallis

Reaction score
Moving from Apex 1.4.1 to 2.0

Is this a simple upgrade or are there some additional trick I need to do to get to 2.0?

*** Hmmm, went through clockwork and downloaded 2.0.... Just reloaded and reboot, and I am stuck at a boot screen that says "Google" and just hangs. I did a ROM backup before upgrading, so if I rename to backup under clockworkmod to update.zip, will that work? That doesn't seem to work, so what is the trick to getting the stock recovery tool to read a Clockworkmod ROM backup? Or should I just pull down the Apex 1.4.1 and reload off of that?

Secondly, since now I am on a mission to move up to 2.0, what prep work do I need to do in order to my Droid X ready for 2.0... I would seem an updated kernel at the very least... Anything else?

Last edited: