[ROM][DROID2] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/12/2011)

roddie

Reaction score
I had something similar -- Get Ringdroid and set your notification alert to one of the system sounds using that. Once I did that, the FC's and reboots stopped.

diab0lik

Reaction score
I had something similar -- Get Ringdroid and set your notification alert to one of the system sounds using that. Once I did that, the FC's and reboots stopped.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try this if it comes down to it, but I'm more interested in figuring out why this is happening.

Strangely enough, after I sort of forgot about this issue for a day, I tried to change my ringtone, and not only didn't get a crash, but the files were all there. I was able to select them without issue.

I had all the .mp3's starting with a "-" so that when browsing the ringtone list, all my custom ones would show up at the top of the list. Thinking this might be part of the problem (I used to use a "_", but had a problem with that on a different rom) I had removed the hyphen from some of them to see if they would show up. In this case both those with and without a hyphen showed up. So, wanting the preferrable formatting with a hyphen, I changed all the filenames back, and tried to change my ringtone. Phone rebooted.

Then strangely after reboot, i was able to get into the ringtone setting without it crashing, but it had the older filenames listed...some with hyphens, and some without. The one's with hyphens, being that they still existed in the directory (/media/audio/ringtones) could be selected, and played as normal. The other one's, which didn't exist, could be selected, but played no sound.

So I fully rebooted the phone again, and the same result persisted.

Even stranger, attempting to set the phonewide notification setting still yields a reboot, but in some apps, like gmail, I am able to get the android system notification menu, and select them, and they work.

So I'm guessing there is some kind of a problem with whatever part of the system updates these lists? Why sometimes opening the android system notification menu causes a crash, and sometimes it doesn't is beyond me though.

I know for most people this is the least of their concerns, but as a person who gets a lot of different notifications and calls from all kinds of different apps and people, having custom sounds for each one really helps me know when it's something important vs something irrelevant, and I guess it just seems like this is something that should work pretty straightforward.

It's also worth mentioning I get the scan and fix notification on plug, so I guess that's my next move, to pull the card and attempt to run chkdsk on it. I'm also going to wait overnight and see if the ringtone selection menu is spontaneously updated.

If anybody has any other suggestions I'm all ears -- Loving this ROM otherwise, but this is definitely a dealbreaker for me, and if I can't get it working, I might just jump back to a froyo based rom for stability.

americanz

Reaction score
i have have a couple random reboots. once i was selecting a ringtone. and the other i had just sent a message in talk, and backed out of talk. cant recreate either. any one else have the reboots? i had none on the leak GB but on apx i just had the 2 so far. may be my phone or settings, just wanted to run it past everyone

The Albatross

Reaction score
i have have a couple random reboots. once i was selecting a ringtone. and the other i had just sent a message in talk, and backed out of talk. cant recreate either. any one else have the reboots? i had none on the leak GB but on apx i just had the 2 so far. may be my phone or settings, just wanted to run it past everyone

I had a couple as well while on Apex. No idea what caused it. In your case maybe its because you've overclocked to 1.4

americanz

Reaction score

I had a couple as well while on Apex. No idea what caused it. In your case maybe its because you've overclocked to 1.4

naw i wasnt oc when i had them happen. the oc is a new thing, no issues since then. i used quick clock advanced. it tell you whats safe.. im sure you know that tho. thanks for the input

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't work for me. Granted, I've only tried it on the status bar icons. Worked flawlessly on froyo, not on gb.

D2 Liquid 2.4

MindArchr

Reaction score
It wouldn't work for me. Granted, I've only tried it on the status bar icons. Worked flawlessly on froyo, not on gb.

D2 Liquid 2.4

The status bar icons wouldn't work for me either. I was only able to change battery icons, status bar color, and the dropdown shade.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dudemansir

Reaction score
so will the fixing of the bluetooth volume hangup issues have to wait for the next release of Apex?