[ROM][DROID2] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/12/2011)

phoenixus

Reaction score
Can someone give me a quick rundown on the major bugs that exist in this rom at this point in time?

I'm currently running cm7, but the battery life is killing me. Is the battery really good on apex?

I'm thinking of installing this tonight

americanz

Reaction score
At this point in time the only thing I have seen are a couple of random reboots and sometimes the keyboard fcs when you switch thre angle of the phone.

Also I'm a heavy fb talk and text user and after 12 hrs I have 30% left. So imo that's good

Sent from my D2 GB Apex 2.0 @1.4ghz

Last edited:

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Can someone give me a quick rundown on the major bugs that exist in this rom at this point in time?

I'm currently running cm7, but the battery life is killing me. Is the battery really good on apex?

I'm thinking of installing this tonight

I'm on CM7 now (came over from Apex). The only issues with Apex are: 1) the buetooth disconnecting if you try to adjust the volume during a call and 2) not as customizeable as other custom ROMs. These are certainly not dealbreakers, but still something to think about.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

phoenixus

Reaction score
On CM7, My phone will be at 100% when I go to sleep, and down to 68 when I wake up 8 hours later. I just don't understand how it drops so much if the phone isn't being used. Will it be better on apex?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. Apex is one of my favorite ROMs. I had phenomenal battery life with it.

Make sure you calibrate your battery after you switch.

CM74DX

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm back on Apex now. The battery life is incredible, and with some help replacing the Blur Battery Manager, it's fantastic.

phoenixus

Reaction score
Can someone give me some quick steps and links to the files I need to install this ROM?

I'm currently running cm7

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can someone give me some quick steps and links to the files I need to install this ROM?

I'm currently running cm7

Did you read the first post?

phoenixus

Reaction score
I did. I know the process, I was just looking for a link to the specific leak of GB we need...it has to be the rooted version right?

phoenixus

Reaction score
Also, does anyone know if I would need to SBF before flashing the rooted gingerbread leak if I am currently running CM7?

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Also, does anyone know if I would need to SBF before flashing the rooted gingerbread leak if I am currently running CM7?

Yes you have to sbf. Even though CM7 is GB, it boots off the Froyo kernel.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

phoenixus

Reaction score
Yeah it does boot off the froyo kernel...but why would I have to SBF in order to install the GB link? The kernel would be upgraded not downgraded right?

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Yeah it does boot off the froyo kernel...but why would I have to SBF in order to install the GB link? The kernel would be upgraded not downgraded right?

You're right, my bad.....read it backwards. Make sure you wipe data/cache. I usually sbf anyways when flashing the GB leak just so I have a clean install, but that's just me.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't have to sbf. You could. Or, you could use the tbh all in one installer. This will take you back to froyo and install cm7 in one step! Way easier and it worked flawlessly for me when I did it

CM74D2