[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Hmmm, you might have something there on the plugged in/charging scenario. I'll have to test this further to see if that is the scenario that causes it to boot into Clockwork. Can this behavior be changed? Just wondering what the reason for this functionality would be.

Thanks!

I think it is a sort of "fail safe" to get you into clockwork if you are "bricked". What you might try is turning off and turning back on after being unplugged for a while. If it goes to recovery, start it back up and go into bootstrapper, click reboot recovery and ok to go to clockwork, then maybe that will reset whatever controls clockwork.

hyperlite

Reaction score
Hmmm, you might have something there on the plugged in/charging scenario. I'll have to test this further to see if that is the scenario that causes it to boot into Clockwork. Can this behavior be changed? Just wondering what the reason for this functionality would be.

Thanks!

I think it is a sort of "fail safe" to get you into clockwork if you are "bricked". What you might try is turning off and turning back on after being unplugged for a while. If it goes to recovery, start it back up and go into bootstrapper, click reboot recovery and ok to go to clockwork, then maybe that will reset whatever controls clockwork.

Definitely. I consider this a feature, not a bug. I know its saved my ass before!

millbean

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding noobish what do you type in terminal emulator to change galleries? Cannot seem to get it to work

hub_cap

Reaction score
U type su first. Then type gallery ...then when you hit return it will show u the two options to use ... mot or aosp .... then type either

gallery soap
Or
gallery not

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hub_cap

Reaction score
Spell check got me.... soap should be aosp ....and not should be mot

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Here, going off the posts above, failed by spell check :) You have to type:

su
gallery -mot

^for the motorolla gallery, notice the "space" then "-" then "mot"

or

su
gallery -aosp

^for the 3d gallery

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Tried that ..no luck

It is case sensitive, and you have to get the space then the dash, then no space and mot or aosp

su

then on the next line (will kick you down automatically)

gallery -aosp (or gallery -mot)

Another idea, you have to have your phone unmounted from your PC, because it uses files installed on your SD card.

Techitrucker

Reaction score
Haven't been able to find anything here on the thread. Market appears to work fine but nothing, not updates or new programs will download. Also Can't seem to get MMS messages to work properly anymore. Since both problems started at the same time I'm assuming they are related. Tried the cache and data wipes with no joy as well as a bunch of other tricks I found on the web. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated. I would really like to avoid wiping the phone.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Haven't been able to find anything here on the thread. Market appears to work fine but nothing, not updates or new programs will download. Also Can't seem to get MMS messages to work properly anymore. Since both problems started at the same time I'm assuming they are related. Tried the cache and data wipes with no joy as well as a bunch of other tricks I found on the web. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated. I would really like to avoid wiping the phone.

Sounds like you have data turned off. Go to settings>data manager and make sure the settings (3) are enabled in there.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The market has been glitchy for a bit, and Google just patched it this evening.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Techitrucker

Reaction score
The market has been glitchy for a bit, and Google just patched it this evening.

Ya, noticed the Market just resolved itself. Must have been coincidental with the MMS problem. Verizon had to elevate the MMS issue but having had five smartphones of different types on this network that had MMS issues, I doubt they will ever get it to work again and I'm not willing to wipe another phone just to have it crop up again a week later. Whats sad is that the one and only reason to stay with this overpriced network with the business I'm in has been the network quality but the last two months, I've dropped more calls and internet connections than and Iphone in San Francisco. I may just jump ship. The other networks may not be any better but at least their cheaper.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I did notice 3g was really slow today, probably because of the snow and 40+ mph winds we have here. Apparently rumor has it google is bringing out the new market and the music market tomorrow!!!