[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Will it still work if I am deodexed?

I don't seem why not... When you wipe Data/cache to install the ROM, it will likely reset and install all the needed apps, I think you'll be fine, but not positive.

jgmarz

Reaction score
Anything new

This rom is ageless, still going strong. Any idea when we could see something new?

Reaction score
according to fab's twitter, he is working on what he called his "ghetto toolbox" and said it should be ready by this weekend. whether or not that means a full apex update will be ready by then remains to be seen.

fakiesk8r333

Reaction score
U should just be able to type su then enter then gallery then enter again and then type gallery with int of the listed options and then enter.

Sent from my DROIDX

KHeeney5

Reaction score
aefd9562-a27f-a88e.jpg

Here you go. Here is what you have to do for the gallery.

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:

Mick11

Reaction score
Two questions: What is ASOP and can I still have a pattern lock on my lockscreen?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Two questions: What is ASOP and can I still have a pattern lock on my lockscreen?

AOSP is stock android. This means no sense, no blur, no touchwiz, no interface at all. Just plain android. And yes, you can have the pattern lock.

Mick11

Reaction score
Ok one last question, since you have to wipe data/cache to install does this mean you lose all apps contacts and have to take it back to verizon to be able to call, text or browse?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Ok one last question, since you have to wipe data/cache to install does this mean you lose all apps contacts and have to take it back to verizon to be able to call, text or browse?

No, when you install a ROM, you sign in with your google account, and it restores all contacts, calendar stuff, and your activation. It will also restore all your apps, however, data will not be restored. If you ROOT, and then install Titanium backup, it will backup all apps and data to your SD card and then you can restore that. So you will get all stuff back.

Mick11

Reaction score
Sorry wasn't last question but this is. So how do you install AOSP if you want that?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Alright, there are two types of ROM's for the Droid X. AOSP and Blur. Blur is the crappy slow user interface that Motorola puts on it. AOSP is without that. Again, AOSP is stock android. So it is android, but no user interface. If you have seen the Nexus S or the Nexus One that's what they are, AOSP.

So, you don't install AOSP, you install and AOSP ROM. Rubix is an AOSP ROM, so is Liberty. ApeX however is a mix. That's why it is so great. Because you have all functionality, because you get to choose what is AOSP (stock android) and what is Blur. For instance, you can choose wether or no to use the Blur(motorola) gallery or the AOSP gallery.

So if you want HDMI to work, ApeX allows that (very few other ROM's do) because you can choose to use the Blur gallery through scripts.

If you want to know how to install ApeX or any other ROM, there is a link in my signature.

A lot of the stuff you are asking can be found by using google. :)