[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

fatpomp

Reaction score
Hey All,

I don't have time to read through 70+ pages of this thread.

I need simple instructions for removing the notification bar clock on ApeX 1.3.1.

Thanks,
I think this is what your looking for if you haven't found your answer yet.
batterygone.png

This little mod does exactly as the title says, it removes the clock from the notification bar. This allows for more notifications in the bar, as well as removes a point of redundancy if you have a cool clock widget
wink.gif

Installation Instructions

1. Download file
2. Place on SD card
3a. Install ROM from SDcard (in ROM manager) OR
3b. Install .zip from SDcard (in bootstrap recovery)

Link

For those with white notification bars (the text is black):

http://fabdroid.com/downloads/Fabolous_ClockRM_WhiteBar.zip

For those with black notification bars (the text is white):

http://fabdroid.com/downloads/Fabolous_ClockRM_BlackBar.zip

DizzyMaker

Reaction score
sorry if this has already been posted, but anybody have any word on when an updated apex is coming out? i see in androidcentral.com there is a popular thread saying "fab to work on apex this weekend" which was about 2 weeks ago... love the rom, anxious to see what he has done...

KHeeney5

Reaction score
sorry if this has already been posted, but anybody have any word on when an updated apex is coming out? i see in androidcentral.com there is a popular thread saying "fab to work on apex this weekend" which was about 2 weeks ago... love the rom, anxious to see what he has done...

A few days ago I posted that on Twitter he said on the 21st that he was going to "start work on an ApeX update tomorrow."

He has been talking of the new leaked Motorola music player a lot, and says it's awesome. I'm looking for that and then a few more Gingerbread features (courtesy of the new 3.0 SDK)

DizzyMaker

Reaction score

A few days ago I posted that on Twitter he said on the 21st that he was going to "start work on an ApeX update tomorrow."

He has been talking of the new leaked Motorola music player a lot, and says it's awesome. I'm looking for that and then a few more Gingerbread features (courtesy of the new 3.0 SDK)
thanks! i have been curious, new music player does sound cool! although i just found mixzing on the market and it is sweet! EQ capabilities...

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I have Mixzing and PowerAmp (Both paid versions) and I like them both, but I use PowerAmp as my main one. Check out the trial!

thanks! i have been curious, new music player does sound cool! although i just found mixzing on the market and it is sweet! EQ capabilities...

Sent from my DROIDX

s3pt1k

Reaction score
Perfect. Exactly what I wanted.

Thanks,

Hey All,

I don't have time to read through 70+ pages of this thread.

I need simple instructions for removing the notification bar clock on ApeX 1.3.1.

Thanks,
I think this is what your looking for if you haven't found your answer yet.
batterygone.png

This little mod does exactly as the title says, it removes the clock from the notification bar. This allows for more notifications in the bar, as well as removes a point of redundancy if you have a cool clock widget
wink.gif

Installation Instructions

1. Download file
2. Place on SD card
3a. Install ROM from SDcard (in ROM manager) OR
3b. Install .zip from SDcard (in bootstrap recovery)

Link

For those with white notification bars (the text is black):

http://fabdroid.com/downloads/Fabolous_ClockRM_WhiteBar.zip

For those with black notification bars (the text is white):

http://fabdroid.com/downloads/Fabolous_ClockRM_BlackBar.zip

wildman1

Reaction score
Is there any way to show the battery life in 1% increments?

This isn't possible because this is a hardware and driver configuration restriction.. There is apps that claim to do it but they usually don't work well and shorten battery life.

Toochief

Reaction score
Folks, I need some help and I apologize in advance is this is the wrong place to post.

I went into bootstrap and removed Liberty by doing a clear data and reset. I then ran the APEX file and rebooted. Now my phone continues to loop with the android screen in bootup. Pulling the battery does not work and I can't seem to boot in stock. Am I bricked?

wooddale

Reaction score
Folks, I need some help and I apologize in advance is this is the wrong place to post.

I went into bootstrap and removed Liberty by doing a clear data and reset. I then ran the APEX file and rebooted. Now my phone continues to loop with the android screen in bootup. Pulling the battery does not work and I can't seem to boot in stock. Am I bricked?

Your not bricked you need to get into clock work recovery try pressing power and cam button after bat pull keep doingit and you will getinto recovery (green csreen). Scroldown to back up and restore (scroll with vol keys) press cam button select restore scroll downtown backup pickyour rom select reboot.

Toochief

Reaction score
thanks woodale. I was able to do just that. Can you point me to a post or video showing me how to reset to an out of the box DX?

wooddale

Reaction score

Your not bricked you need to get into clock work recovery try pressing power and cam button after bat pull keep doingit and you will getinto recovery (green csreen). Scroldown to back up and restore (scroll with vol keys) press cam button select restore scroll downtown backup pickyour rom select reboot.

you need to get to back stock rom bootstrap recovery d if you used rom manager should in your backups if not have to find it on sd selest your stock rom 2.1.340 back up if you want clear data anstuff reboot you should get home then you have to get out root z4 then you will be stock home

IamMark

Reaction score
Issue booting into ClockworkMod Recovery on Power Up

Hello everyone,

I installed ApeX 1.3.1 a couple weeks ago. When I power off my phone and power it back on (I normally power it off at night), the phone randomly boots into the ClockworkMod Recovery, and I have to choose to reboot the phone in order for it to fully boot the OS. This issue is not consistent as other times it will boot into the OS just fine.

Any idea as to why this would be happening?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I believe there are certain instances when your phone boots into clockwork. For instance, after a battery pull or when your phone is plugged in/charging. Could this be true ffor you?

Issue booting into ClockworkMod Recovery on Power Up

Hello everyone,

I installed ApeX 1.3.1 a couple weeks ago. When I power off my phone and power it back on (I normally power it off at night), the phone randomly boots into the ClockworkMod Recovery, and I have to choose to reboot the phone in order for it to fully boot the OS. This issue is not consistent as other times it will boot into the OS just fine.

Any idea as to why this would be happening?

Sent from my DROIDX

IamMark

Reaction score
Hmmm, you might have something there on the plugged in/charging scenario. I'll have to test this further to see if that is the scenario that causes it to boot into Clockwork. Can this behavior be changed? Just wondering what the reason for this functionality would be.

Thanks!