rMoD Series Kernels

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Or download OSMonitor.
I said I knew I could get it for free :( you mis.. uh... misread(?) Me................ I'm already at 1.1 ghz, running the latest liquid, i don't want to install an app to go, .1 faster. I guess it's sorta greedy, but I just want the best battery life with minimal apps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I want to make smartmod default governor but I've been having issues with it...It fails to compile every time i set it as default, I have to figure out the problem to fix it but been kinda busy lately...

Liquid put a script into the rom that switches it to smartmod, Im not sure how to execute the script...but heres one on xda with instructions... [BASH SCRIPT][UPDATED] Governor Switch Scripts from the Command Line - xda-developers

i am looking into fixing...also wondering if you guys want me to leave all the other govs in or pull them and just run smartmod?

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
I just tried to install the 250-1000 on LGB 1.4.2 and I got stuck in a boot loop. It would make it all the way into the desktop and within a minute it would reboot.

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Thats wierd, it worked fine on the 1100 included in LGB?

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Or download OSMonitor.
I said I knew I could get it for free :( you mis.. uh... misread(?) Me................ I'm already at 1.1 ghz, running the latest liquid, i don't want to install an app to go, .1 faster. I guess it's sorta greedy, but I just want the best battery life with minimal apps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

you could add your clockspeed to init and have it run on boot.

by adding this to init (replacing 1100000 with your speed)

echo 1100000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq

gimpyestrada

Reaction score

It did work fine with 1100, it just got kind of hot when my son was playing birds for a half an hour. I thought I'd drop it down a notch and see if the 1000 didn't get so hot with prolonged use.

gimpyestrada

Reaction score

It did work fine with 1100, it just got kind of hot when my son was playing birds for a half an hour. I thought I'd drop it down a notch and see if the 1000 didn't get so hot with prolonged use.

Is there really anything different about the 1000 kernel other than what is found in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/*

Could I effectively make this kernel into a 1000 kernel by modifying the scaling_max_freq, scaling_available_frequencies & cpu_max_freq? Or is it more than that?

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Only difference between 1000 and 1100 is the slots used. Thats why I find it so odd that the 1100 would work but the 1000 would cause boot loops.

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
You can edit those files, but no it won't become a 1000 kernel... Editing those files will do the same thing that apps like setcpu & droid overclock do, set how you want the kernel to run. IMO it would be much easier to just use an app to adjust

I would suggest trying the 1000 again, if it still doesn't work try the 900. Im currently on an 800 and there isnt much of a noticable difference between this and the 1100 besides benchmark results.

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
You can edit those files, but no it won't become a 1000 kernel... Editing those files will do the same thing that apps like setcpu & droid overclock do, set how you want the kernel to run. IMO it would be much easier to just use an app to adjust

I would suggest trying the 1000 again, if it still doesn't work try the 900. Im currently on an 800 and there isnt much of a noticable difference between this and the 1100 besides benchmark results.

Alright, I'll give it 1000 another shot and then try 900.

I installed using RZR as my recovery and I seem to remember him saying something about how he does special stuff when installing kernels, could this have something to do with it or am I crazy?

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I use rzrecovery so doubt that's it...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excellent work on this CorCor.

Phone is running smooth on your fancy governor. (interactive was terrible on my phone).

gimpyestrada

Reaction score

Alright, I'll give it 1000 another shot and then try 900.

I installed using RZR as my recovery and I seem to remember him saying something about how he does special stuff when installing kernels, could this have something to do with it or am I crazy?

I re-downloaded and re-installed 1000 and this time I get no reboots.