Project Elite Kernels

jmorrison230

Reaction score
10 swappiness here, I'm going to keep those settings but disable compcachd and see what happens.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Let me know how it goes. Hope it works for you as well as it does for me

jmorrison230

Reaction score
10 swappiness here, I'm going to keep those settings but disable compcachd and see what happens.

Can anyone explain what swappiness means? I know swap size but don't understand swappiness

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Still bootlooped, however I had a copy of chevyno1 1.1 ghz mv kernel on my sdcard, loaded that and seems to be working with Wi-Fi. I think swappiness is how often the swap file gets swapped out, since the SD card is slower than the internal memory, the higher the number, the more sluggish it gets, but I don't have a class 6 SD card so I'm not sure how much difference that would make.

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Sorry about the lack of response from me, busy with family, getting married in a few weeks & trying to find a new job :icon_eek:

So you know, papachach sent me a PM the other day with these problems, he ended up finding that if he added some files I had included in previous releases the problem went away. I had no problems without them but I am on PEv6, I will re-package the kernels and let you know when they are updated...I just wiped my computer last night to give Fedora 15 a try, I usually run Linux Mint so its a bit different for me. I'm still working on getting my files for kernel building back on here.

For now...for those of you daring enough to modify the zip's I have here, here is a link to an old kernel I made... 250-1000_rMoD(v1).zip

add the /system/etc folder from that zip to your kernel of choice via an archive manager like 7zip...this should solve your problems.

For those of you that would rather wait, I will get these updated as soon as I can. Also give a thanks to papachach for finding the fix :)

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, congrats on getting married and I wish you the best of luck in finding a new job.

ethanhunt123

Reaction score

Can anyone explain what swappiness means? I know swap size but don't understand swappiness

what governor are you using?

ethanhunt123

Reaction score
Sorry about the lack of response from me, busy with family, getting married in a few weeks & trying to find a new job :icon_eek:

So you know, papachach sent me a PM the other day with these problems, he ended up finding that if he added some files I had included in previous releases the problem went away. I had no problems without them but I am on PEv6, I will re-package the kernels and let you know when they are updated...I just wiped my computer last night to give Fedora 15 a try, I usually run Linux Mint so its a bit different for me. I'm still working on getting my files for kernel building back on here.

For now...for those of you daring enough to modify the zip's I have here, here is a link to an old kernel I made... 250-1000_rMoD(v1).zip

add the /system/etc folder from that zip to your kernel of choice via an archive manager like 7zip...this should solve your problems.

For those of you that would rather wait, I will get these updated as soon as I can. Also give a thanks to papachach for finding the fix :)

this seems to have fixed my issue. thanks!

jmorrison230

Reaction score

speedfreeq

Reaction score
I'm using the LV250-900, and suddenly I've lost my USB mounting of the SD card. Is anybody else running into this? I'll try to d/l OTA and flash, but I usually like to download on my PC and copy to the SD...

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm using the LV250-900, and suddenly I've lost my USB mounting of the SD card. Is anybody else running into this? I'll try to d/l OTA and flash, but I usually like to download on my PC and copy to the SD...

Still having this problem? Have you flashed another kernel since? Did it work before on that kernel and stop working or did it stop working when you loaded it?

speedfreeq

Reaction score

Still having this problem? Have you flashed another kernel since? Did it work before on that kernel and stop working or did it stop working when you loaded it?

I completely lost the ability to mount via USB. I think it was an issue specific to v6 on my device. I tried deprimed after the issue developed, and still had the issue. I could mount it still thru RZR.

Then, my apps on the SD card "disappeared," in that neither the Launcher nor the Settings>Applications>Manage Applications screen could find them once moved to SD card.

Reverted to my 5.0.2 Nandroid and all is fine with deprimed ULV.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It seems there are some crazy issues going on here. With corcors v2 kernels, I've tried 3 and after a day or two my screen wigs out and moves on its own and is unresponsive. I have wiped and reflashed pe6 with stock kernel and have had zero issues. I think its the kernel causing peeps problems not the rom.

nka

Reaction score
Custom Zepius kernel bad

Downloaded this twice, once from Droid's browser and again from my PC and copied to SDcard via USB. Tried to install both from Recovery and from Rom Manager. Both installs failed. Can someone please repost this kernel?