Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
It seems there are some crazy issues going on here. With corcors v2 kernels, I've tried 3 and after a day or two my screen wigs out and moves on its own and is unresponsive. I have wiped and reflashed pe6 with stock kernel and have had zero issues. I think its the kernel causing peeps problems not the rom.

Only time I've had issues like this is when my screen gets wet, either by sweaty fingers or other ways... are there more people having this issue?

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Downloaded this twice, once from Droid's browser and again from my PC and copied to SDcard via USB. Tried to install both from Recovery and from Rom Manager. Both installs failed. Can someone please repost this kernel?

http://db.tt/RIFXvqZ

That one works,thank you. It might be a good idea to update the link in the first post.

Mediafire doesn't seem to like that kernel and I don't like to leave my dropbox links up because I delete & move files in there often...someone has set up something for me to put the kernels on, just got to get them the files...so hosting should be less of a problem soon

Zepius

Reaction score

That one works,thank you. It might be a good idea to update the link in the first post.

Mediafire doesn't seem to like that kernel and I don't like to leave my dropbox links up because I delete & move files in there often...someone has set up something for me to put the kernels on, just got to get them the files...so hosting should be less of a problem soon

you can use my dropbox for my kernel until you get the files moved

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20388967/250-900_LV_Zepius_Custom_Elite_Series_v2_.zip

nka

Reaction score

Might I suggest Sendspace, Hotfile, Rapidshare, or Megaupload? If the files are downloaded often enough, the links won't expire.

paul1ski

Reaction score
best kernel ever... liked petes v2 but had 2 issues.... the sd tweak made my droid super laggy and the 2nd, lag when turning on the screen.

CorCor fixed both of these, with the SmartMod.... I love you dude!!! Things I wld try n fix myself is I had time to messed w/ kernels n stuff more.

Thanks dude!

Oh, also used super charger script to manage my memory, droid works like a thunderbolt now!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html

nka

Reaction score
best kernel ever... liked petes v2 but had 2 issues.... the sd tweak made my droid super laggy and the 2nd, lag when turning on the screen.

CorCor fixed both of these, with the SmartMod.... I love you dude!!! Things I wld try n fix myself is I had time to messed w/ kernels n stuff more.

Thanks dude!

Oh, also used super charger script to manage my memory, droid works like a thunderbolt now!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html
Do you have to select "run at boot" launching the script? Instructions did not say to do so. I could use some help setting this up. What option did you select? The instructions on his post are a little confusing.

Last edited:

paul1ski

Reaction score
sure I used option basic settings #5, you have to run the script as root...

Then it creates a file in the root, Data/data/99supercharger.sh and you open that in script manager too... and click the options, run at boot, run as root, then you're good to go!

Let me know if you are having any more difficulties! It took me a few minutes to figure it all out myself as their are no detailed instructions anywhere.

nka

Reaction score

Then it creates a file in the root, Data/data/99supercharger.sh and you open that in script manager too... and click the options, run at boot, run as root, then you're good to go!

Let me know if you are having any more difficulties! It took me a few minutes to figure it all out myself as their are no detailed instructions anywhere.

when you say root Data/data I assume you mean one level up from the sdcard. When I click on data from the root directory, using Script Manager, all I see is Forbidden!!! /data?

Update: Ok, went into settings and enabled browsing as root. /data/data and I don't see the 99supercharger.sh?

Last edited:

paul1ski

Reaction score
I also ran, option 11, hard to kill launcher... maybe you have to run that too!

Make sure to exit you run #16

hope this works!

nka

Reaction score

There are instructions actually. Have a look on your SDcard and there is a file called SuperCharger.html I don't know why the instructions were not just posted on the SuperCharger thread.

Hi! I hope that the V6 SuperCharger scripts are working well for you!

First be sure to have <a href="http://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.busybox.installer">BusyBox</a> installed or else the scripts won't work!

A nice app for running the SuperCharger scripts is <a href="http://market.android.com/details?id=os.tools.scriptmanager">Script Manager</a>
It can even load scripts on boot - on ANY ROM!

It even has WIDGETS!

First, you need to set up Script Manager properly!
In the "Config" settings, enable "Show Interactive Button" and "Browse as Root."
Then browse to where you saved the V6 SuperCharger script and in the script's properties box,
be sure to select "Run as Root" and "Is Interactive."
This makes it possible to input your selections.
Run the SuperCharger script, enter a number and press the "input" button :)

After running a script, have Script Manager load the newly created /data/99SuperCharger.sh on boot
In the 99SuperCharger.sh properties dialogue,check "Run as root" and "Run at boot" and "save".
And that's it!
Script Manager will load your most recent settings on boot!
If you run a different SuperCharger script later, you don't have to reconfigure anything.
Script Manager will just load the new /data/99SuperCharger.sh on boot automagically :)

NOTE: If you have a custom rom that loads /system/etc/init.d boot scripts,
You DON'T need to use Script Manager to load a boot script. It will be automatic!

If you can run boot scripts from the /system/etc/init.d folder, there are other options.
For non-interactive scripts, you can use <a href="https://market.android.com/details?id=nl.rogro.GScriptLite">GScript Lite</a>
If it gives you STDERRs and the rest of the line is blank, it still works!
Other non-interacive options are Terminal Emulator and Open Recovery(ies)

For SuperCharging help and info,
See the <a href="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276">SuperCharger Thread</a>
Feedback is Welcome!

-=zeppelinrox=- @ XDA Forums
EOF

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I ran one of the V2 versions with Liquid GB & ran great, though I did revert back to the stock kernel for now.