rMoD Series Kernels

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah just use setcpu... it doesn't run all the time, all it does is change the clock speed at boot and that sticks untill reboot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
You can edit those files, but no it won't become a 1000 kernel... Editing those files will do the same thing that apps like setcpu & droid overclock do, set how you want the kernel to run. IMO it would be much easier to just use an app to adjust

I would suggest trying the 1000 again, if it still doesn't work try the 900. Im currently on an 800 and there isnt much of a noticable difference between this and the 1100 besides benchmark results.

Alright, I'll give it 1000 another shot and then try 900.

I installed using RZR as my recovery and I seem to remember him saying something about how he does special stuff when installing kernels, could this have something to do with it or am I crazy?

I re-downloaded and re-installed 1000 and this time I get no reboots.

The 1000 is still holding strong. Joy.

Thanks CorCor!

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Glad to hear its working well for you all :) Personally I'm enjoying the extra battery life for free :) No extended battery to make it through the day on a single charge...

I'm going to hold off on updates to the kernels until I get more done, I am working on further optimizing the gov for responsiveness and battery life on the droid. I will be adding support for time in state, and attempting to find whats holding me back from making smartmod the default gov.

Staveandor

Reaction score
I used the 1100 kernel clocked at 1100 during the day with smart mod enabled, and it ran fine. However, just like with all the rz kernels I tried, the battery ran very hot when plugged in, to the point of overheating when not in use.

I use setcpu profiles to set the speed down to 800 when plugged in, but that didn't change anything.

Any advice? I've switched back to my chevy kernel in the mean time.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Running @ 1.1ghz & my battery is at 80% with 7 hours off the charger :)

TMYINC

Reaction score
Running 1.2ghz on P.E. GB snd it seems to be running nice and smooth. Great temps and no hiccups so far (fingers crossed)! Great work! Im excited to see what else you have in store for us!

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I used the 1100 kernel clocked at 1100 during the day with smart mod enabled, and it ran fine. However, just like with all the rz kernels I tried, the battery ran very hot when plugged in, to the point of overheating when not in use.

I use setcpu profiles to set the speed down to 800 when plugged in, but that didn't change anything.

Any advice? I've switched back to my chevy kernel in the mean time.

My battery has always got a bit warm when on the charger, I never noticed any difference between kernels. I will poke around to see if I can get it to run cooler, but no promises :)

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Running @ 1.1ghz & my battery is at 80% with 7 hours off the charger :)

Nice! Normally I kill my battery 3 times per day, took my charger everywhere... I think its getting lonely sitting in my room all day now :blink:

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Running 1.2ghz on P.E. GB snd it seems to be running nice and smooth. Great temps and no hiccups so far (fingers crossed)! Great work! Im excited to see what else you have in store for us!

Thanks! Glad to hear its working good...I don't like to fix broken things :)

Reaction score
Been using the rMod 250-1100 sv kernel since yesterday on PE 5.02 with Honeycomb theme. What a great kernel!

Excellent battery life, no lag. I was happy with Raidzero's kernel but when I saw this was based on it I had to give it a try. I don't know if it is the SmartMod governor or that it is standard voltage, but my phone has no lag at all, runs cool and has great battery life.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cor, I saw your tweet about the lv's.... where are the lv's!!!
*found it!

Reaction score
Cor, I saw your tweet about the lv's.... where are the lv's!!!
*found it!

poontab,

I was thinking the same thing but I went ahead and tried the SV kernel. You should give it a try. My battery life is great even though it is a SV kenrnel and I have no lag at all. I sometimes think that the LV and ULV kernels in some way negatively effect battery consumption and add to lag. If their was no negative impact, why wouldn't the original kernels developed for the D1 not already be LV or ULV? Why not give it a try. Do a nandroid so you can flash back if you don't like it.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I've been running rMoD since it was released (post #3) & they ran just fine. I just want to try something new. Cor's Juiced lv kernels are working great for me as well.