Requests Thread

listenman20

Reaction score
I don't know where exactly to post this, probably should be in a help forum, but I'll swing it towards a feature request. ;)

I've noticed since some version of SD rom, but don't know which, that when tapping the phone shortcut, the dialer screen is always presented. Used to be, whichever was last presented of dialer and call log, was seen on tapping the phone icon. The same behavior still holds true for the contacts icon; contacts or favorites, the last viewed was the first presented. Make sense?

It probably has to do with ADW, as it works correctly under the stock launcher, but I searched for a setting or some explanation and haven't found it. Is this a hidden "feature" of ADW or did it appear with Froyo? Do you guys see the same behavior? Is this something that can be turned into a setting, or would that only affect the stock launcher? Personally, I prefer the call log to appear most of the time as I call the same circle of people and it's faster than even scrolling through favorites.

This was brought up back in sourcery once too...i think it had to do with the phone.apk that we were using....i'm on the stock phone.apk now but was thinking of switching to one version or another of the ones we used back in that ROM. but then again it may be the shortcut in ADW...

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I was thinking the same thing, I'm pretty sure its with the phone app and I want to say I've seen options for it before in modded phone apps, I don't think it has to do with anything else, so if someone does know please let us know.. :) But I check into it and see what I can do. I will not add it to the list because i'll remember it with the rest of the phone/contact mods in the requests.

I don't know where exactly to post this, probably should be in a help forum, but I'll swing it towards a feature request. ;)

I've noticed since some version of SD rom, but don't know which, that when tapping the phone shortcut, the dialer screen is always presented. Used to be, whichever was last presented of dialer and call log, was seen on tapping the phone icon. The same behavior still holds true for the contacts icon; contacts or favorites, the last viewed was the first presented. Make sense?

It probably has to do with ADW, as it works correctly under the stock launcher, but I searched for a setting or some explanation and haven't found it. Is this a hidden "feature" of ADW or did it appear with Froyo? Do you guys see the same behavior? Is this something that can be turned into a setting, or would that only affect the stock launcher? Personally, I prefer the call log to appear most of the time as I call the same circle of people and it's faster than even scrolling through favorites.

This was brought up back in sourcery once too...i think it had to do with the phone.apk that we were using....i'm on the stock phone.apk now but was thinking of switching to one version or another of the ones we used back in that ROM. but then again it may be the shortcut in ADW...

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
lol, I know the feeling man, I will see if I can get something together.

Loving the froyo!
How about an option to allow the volume rocker to wake phone. My power button has seen better days. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

genebean

Reaction score
It sure would be nice if Titanium Backup and ROM Manager were included in the ROM. It sure would make moving from build to build much easier.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It sure would be nice if Titanium Backup and ROM Manager were included in the ROM. It sure would make moving from build to build much easier.

Ti, to be functional, needs to be the paid version. Same thing with RM.

Most Devs won't include paid apps for the obvious reasons.

Zepius

Reaction score

how is it that much harder to go just download those 2 (you dont even need RM...)? specially if you have the paid versions?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could you include only the apps I want?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Zepius

Reaction score
Also i saw this in the main post but i would really love the theme changer

genebean

Reaction score

how is it that much harder to go just download those 2 (you dont even need RM...)? specially if you have the paid versions?

At the time of flashing the new ROM, I sign into Google (had random issues in the past when going back later to sign in) then get air plane mode on ASAP so that I can run the TB batch job "Restore missing apps with data" instead of re-downloading everything. If I first have to download TB then other apps get downloaded also and I have to find which ones I want to restore data to that auto-downloaded which is just more time consuming. I got my TB when the license was just a text file on the SD card so the "free" version is all I ever need. The paid version that is available in the market still requires the free version. With that, one could run a single app restore of the paid key then run the fully-automated batch job of their choosing.

I like having ROM manager from the get-go for when I am monkeying around with stuff or when I have to flash back to a backup... it is just easier than rebooting into recovery, browsing to the nandroid backup I want to restore, restoring it, then manually rebooting. I came from CM so I guess I just got used to it being there.

DC is great! Keep up the good work!

listenman20

Reaction score
At the time of flashing the new ROM, I sign into Google (had random issues in the past when going back later to sign in) then get air plane mode on ASAP so that I can run the TB batch job "Restore missing apps with data" instead of re-downloading everything. If I first have to download TB then other apps get downloaded also and I have to find which ones I want to restore data to that auto-downloaded which is just more time consuming. I got my TB when the license was just a text file on the SD card so the "free" version is all I ever need. The paid version that is available in the market still requires the free version. With that, one could run a single app restore of the paid key then run the fully-automated batch job of their choosing.

I like having ROM manager from the get-go for when I am monkeying around with stuff or when I have to flash back to a backup... it is just easier than rebooting into recovery, browsing to the nandroid backup I want to restore, restoring it, then manually rebooting. I came from CM so I guess I just got used to it being there.

DC is great! Keep up the good work!

one solution may be for you to use the option within TB to create an update.zip to flash TB on once you have flashed your ROM of choice on. once TB is in place RM can be restored either as part of batch or just do it first...

djakrse

Reaction score
I'm curious, other than clearing residuals from previous builds, what is the point of wiping the contents of /system during the install of this rom? I can appreciate the necessity of doing this between various roms, but it's difficult to restore all of the minor changes and system apps (particularly blacked out and themed ones), not to mention losing data on these apps.

@woody or davros... Is there any point where this rom will no longer wipe /system during install, so that it can be installed over previous builds?

@others or all... How does everybody deal with this process without losing ringtones & sounds, animation, hosts file, etc. and the settings that go along with them, such as custom tones associated with contacts and various options? Also the difficulty of restoring some blacked out apps (not all for me) and other themed apps (BnB for me), without losing data?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't change much/have custom ringtones per contact etc.

I flash a few ROMs in a weekend and only change a few things, not hosts file or anything that would cause too much annoyance.

I understand where you are coming from, and I used to have TiBu and all of that but even that became too tedious for me.

I've gone very simple, so you won't hear a complaint from me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk