hi, and jellybean question

ilvred

Reaction score
hello~
i'm new here, but not new to android!

i have a motorola droid 4 and recently updated to android version 4.1.2. i can't seem to completely silence my phone anymore. the ringtone can only go down to vibrate. if i swipe the icon on the home screen, media and notifications are silenced, but ringtone just goes to vibrate. when i go in from the menu (menu > system settings > sound > volumes) i get the sliders to adjust volume, but ringtone doesn't go past vibrate.

with the previous android version, i could silence the phone with the option of mute or vibrate for ringtone. can't mute anymore!

am i missing something? surely, there are other people who want to completely silence their phones without powering off..

thanks!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome... I don't have any experience with a d4 ...someone will know, and will help you shortly...:)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome aboard!

I have the Maxx HD and if I press & hold my "volume down" button, it does eventually go to "silent"...does that not work on the D4?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! I hope you are able to get it working properly in no time.

OP
ilvred

ilvred

Reaction score
hi,

yes... the volume button works...goes all the past vibrate to silent...thank you!
(i feel kinda dumb for not having tried that! i've always just swiped the icon to silence - it never occurred to me!)

thanks!

Hello and welcome aboard!

I have the Maxx HD and if I press & hold my "volume down" button, it does eventually go to "silent"...does that not work on the D4?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
hi,

yes... the volume button works...goes all the past vibrate to silent...thank you!
(i feel kinda dumb for not having tried that! i've always just swiped the icon to silence - it never occurred to me!)

thanks!

Never feel dumb :)...that is how we all learn! Glad you got it!!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum.. We always skip the obvious.. Plenty of us here have done it time to time..

Noted 2x