Requests Thread

beaton3344

Reaction score
The only thing I miss about my blackberry is the option to make my calls private. There was an option to do this and it worked perfect. Didn't understand why android didn't have that. I didn't have to pay extra. It was in options. Not sure if this is possible or not. Also great rom thanks and keep up the good work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

djakrse

Reaction score
The only thing I miss about my blackberry is the option to make my calls private. There was an option to do this and it worked perfect. Didn't understand why android didn't have that. I didn't have to pay extra. It was in options. Not sure if this is possible or not. Also great rom thanks and keep up the good work.

Been meaning to ask, how does that work?

Also, is this not the enhanced privacy mode at the bottom of call settings?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah. What does privacy mode even do?

beaton3344

Reaction score
Not sure either. You'd think it would be private calling but don't think it has anything to do with that. Or at least what I want it for.

djakrse

Reaction score
How did this work on the BB? What sort of feature are you requesting? (If you don't mind)

beaton3344

Reaction score
You could go into options and I think privacy - security and select private call. It was close to that can't remember exactly. I had curve 8330 verizon. It just set your caller id as private

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
i'll add it to the list, but don't know if i will figure anything out with it.

You could go into options and I think privacy - security and select private call. It was close to that can't remember exactly. I had curve 8330 verizon. It just set your caller id as private

mjones73

Reaction score
You can do the following as a work around to block caller ID....
For one off calls - *67 before the call
For all calls - Log into My Verizon site, Plan, Change Features, Select your line, add caller ID blocking (it's free)

If you have all calls blocked and happen to call a number that requires caller ID, dial *82 first to unblock it.

Last edited:

mjones73

Reaction score
i'll add it to the list, but don't know if i will figure anything out with it.

If you can get the dialer to append the dialed number with *67 it should work. Of course I have no clue how difficult that would be. :)

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
lol, well I was going to offer the *67, but I didn't know you could do it free from Verizon, so with that I am removing it from the requests, because it is offered *FREE* from Verizon, so if it's something you want log in and add it to your account, if its something you only want every once in awhile then just do the *67.. ;0

You can do the following as a work around to block caller ID....
For one off calls - *67 before the call
For all calls - Log into My Verizon site, Plan, Change Features, Select your line, add caller ID blocking (it's free)

If you have all calls blocked and happen to call a number that requires caller ID, dial *82 first to unblock it.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com

djakrse

Reaction score
I don't know where exactly to post this, probably should be in a help forum, but I'll swing it towards a feature request. ;)

I've noticed since some version of SD rom, but don't know which, that when tapping the phone shortcut, the dialer screen is always presented. Used to be, whichever was last presented of dialer and call log, was seen on tapping the phone icon. The same behavior still holds true for the contacts icon; contacts or favorites, the last viewed was the first presented. Make sense?

It probably has to do with ADW, as it works correctly under the stock launcher, but I searched for a setting or some explanation and haven't found it. Is this a hidden "feature" of ADW or did it appear with Froyo? Do you guys see the same behavior? Is this something that can be turned into a setting, or would that only affect the stock launcher? Personally, I prefer the call log to appear most of the time as I call the same circle of people and it's faster than even scrolling through favorites.

night08

Reaction score
Loving the froyo!
How about an option to allow the volume rocker to wake phone. My power button has seen better days. Thanks!