[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)

cjriddle22

Reaction score
So you can just flash it through Rom Manager clicking "flash ..." after unlocked/rooted? seems easier.

True statement, but with ICS the stock recovery will just overwrite the recovery on your next reboot. You have to change the filename to ensure CWM is permanent.

bigeric828

Reaction score
True statement, but with ICS the stock recovery will just overwrite the recovery on your next reboot. You have to change the filename to ensure CWM is permanent.

Aye, so i can just flash using rom manager and then change the file name and it will be permanently flashed?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Aye, so i can just flash using rom manager and then change the file name and it will be permanently flashed?

Correct. I just flashed it in rom manager, rebooted recovery, made my backup , then rebooted and reflashed cwm recovery. Then went in with root explorer and followed the directions in the op and changed the file name, now everytime I reboot recovery or enter recovery from being powered down I enter the clockwork mod recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

lazarus2297

Reaction score
OK so I flashed clockwork and the recovery is all good (although side note I could never find that file in system that was supposed to be renamed/deleted) but when I try to charge with the phone off I get a battery icon with a charge symbol but I can't power on without a battery pull.. even if I am charging then power off the phone I get the same issue. Surely this is not normal...
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

cjriddle22

Reaction score
OK so I flashed clockwork and the recovery is all good (although side note I could never find that file in system that was supposed to be renamed/deleted) but when I try to charge with the phone off I get a battery icon with a charge symbol but I can't power on without a battery pull.. even if I am charging then power off the phone I get the same issue. Surely this is not normal...
Any suggestions?

I would assume this is not normal. I have not heard of this before. You are holding the power button long enough, right (stupid question, but we have to start somewhere)? What happens if you hold both volume buttons and the power button, anything? This is how you would enter recovery from being powered off.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
When its in this "mode" it doesn't respond to anything but battery pull.. the other thing that's weird is that normally when the phone is off and charging the battery meter goes up and down then the screen cuts off last night my battery meter only shows the lightning icon and the screen never a cuts off.. but it was charging because when I woke up and battery pulled to get it back on it was at 97% battery.. it worked fine charging while off before I installed clockwork..

lazarus2297

Reaction score
It looks like this when I plug it in and even when I unplug it this stays on the screen till a battery pull

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I think when I get a chance I am gonna just redo clockwork and see if that fixes it?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
BL4Z,

Might want to add the direction to "mount as R/W" in your instructions just in case. Was going to change the file name and forgot to do that step then I remembered.:)

Thanks for posting this as well.:hail:

brad0383

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that in CWM using the volume keys tends to overshoot the menu items?