[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus Development' started by BL4Z3D247, Dec 15, 2011.

1. NewAge

NewAge XOOM Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +14
    You will still recieve ota's but installing an ota is a different story. Usually you will just loose root, but if modifications were made to the bootloader you can soft brick.

Its usually not recomended to accept an ota. A rooted image is usually available shortly after release, but the wait can be too much for some people.

#25 NewAge, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Ok thanks and if you stay with the stock recovery but are rooted? Same scenario?

3. NewAge

NewAge XOOM Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +14
    Being rooted without custom recovery is pretty dangerous. Need to have a working backup if you roll rooted and are flashing ROMs.

But to answer your question, its not the recovery that is the issue. Its OTHER possible modifcations you have made with root access that causes instability when flashing an ota. Flashing stock recovery wont benefit you over CWM when ota is concerned.

If changes are made to the bootloader is the biggest concern. A patch must be developed or the extent of the changes need to be figured out. Pushing stock images with fastboot is sure fire restore, but you may have to wait for images.

#27 NewAge, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  4. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Yeah no I have CWM installed and a backup already, just was concerned about OTAs. I'm thinking I'm not going to be running a bunch of custom ROMs on this phone like I did with my D1, so I'd like just stock OTAs, but I'll revisit that whenever any OTAs are pushed. Of course, I might change my mind and end up flashing ROMs all the time like I did with the D1 too haha

5. J.P.

J.P. Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive done all of the steps and everytime i try to boot into recovery using clockwork mod, it gives me the android on his back with the exclamation point.. If I go into clockwork, and reflash the recovery everytime before i reboot into recovery it works fine. anyone else have the same problem?

---Sent from my office, at my desk, using an HP Computer running Windows 7

6. NewAge

NewAge XOOM Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +14
    Are you using ROM manager? at the top it says "flash ClockworkMod Recovery" select that, then cdma. Then the second line is "Reboot into Recovery". Does that work? Looks like these steps need to be followed each time you want into recovery. Not sure why the recovery isnt sticking.

7. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    From the OP which works: 6. In Root Explorer go to System>recovery-from-boot.p (change to 1recovery-from-boot.p or delete)

You have to rename the above file to prevent the stock recovery from reflashing after every reboot.

8. NewAge

NewAge XOOM Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +14
    That seems a bit more difficult. I'll just stick with ROM manager, just a couple clicks. But that answers why CWM is being overwritten on each boot.

You have to do the above each time right? Or is that a one time thing? And CWM will boot everytime?

9. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    The renaming is just a one time thing. If you ever need to go back to stock recovery, just rename it again to the original name and it will reflash upon reboot. I tested it and it does work.

10. NewAge

NewAge XOOM Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +14
    Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up for me. I miss understood op. Now I can boot into CWM without having to reflash it after every boot. I was scratching my head and appreciate you spoon feeding me :D

11. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    No prob, it happened to me too and then I realized how important it is to read the OP lol

12. NewAge

NewAge XOOM Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +14
    In my defense I didnt use the superboot root method, so I never read that thread. I probably shouldnt be posting in here then huh? But I got my question answered.

Search tags for this page
clockwork mod 5.5.0.4-toro.tar verizon galaxy nexus xda
clockworkmod by mark

cwm cdma

cwm samsung stellar
cwm untuk galaxy y cdma

htc incredible s recovery-clockwork 5.5.0.4

kyi11reset lock

kyi11 unlock

samsung stellar 4.12rom
update recovery droid2 cdma