[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using ROM manager? at the top it says "flash ClockworkMod Recovery" select that, then cdma. Then the second line is "Reboot into Recovery". Does that work? Looks like these steps need to be followed each time you want into recovery. Not sure why the recovery isnt sticking.

From the OP which works: 6. In Root Explorer go to System>recovery-from-boot.p (change to 1recovery-from-boot.p or delete)

You have to rename the above file to prevent the stock recovery from reflashing after every reboot.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From the OP which works: 6. In Root Explorer go to System>recovery-from-boot.p (change to 1recovery-from-boot.p or delete)

You have to rename the above file to prevent the stock recovery from reflashing after every reboot.

That seems a bit more difficult. I'll just stick with ROM manager, just a couple clicks. But that answers why CWM is being overwritten on each boot.

You have to do the above each time right? Or is that a one time thing? And CWM will boot everytime?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
That seems a bit more difficult. I'll just stick with ROM manager, just a couple clicks. But that answers why CWM is being overwritten on each boot.

You have to do the above each time right? Or is that a one time thing? And CWM will boot everytime?

The renaming is just a one time thing. If you ever need to go back to stock recovery, just rename it again to the original name and it will reflash upon reboot. I tested it and it does work.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The renaming is just a one time thing. If you ever need to go back to stock recovery, just rename it again to the original name and it will reflash upon reboot. I tested it and it does work.

Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up for me. I miss understood op. Now I can boot into CWM without having to reflash it after every boot. I was scratching my head and appreciate you spoon feeding me :D

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up for me. I miss understood op. Now I can boot into CWM without having to reflash it after every boot. I was scratching my head and appreciate you spoon feeding me :D

No prob, it happened to me too and then I realized how important it is to read the OP lol

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No prob, it happened to me too and then I realized how important it is to read the OP lol

In my defense I didnt use the superboot root method, so I never read that thread. I probably shouldnt be posting in here then huh? But I got my question answered.

Reaction score
I have ulocked and rooted via the fastboot method already and verified it by updteing the bi in superuser. I preformed the system update after all that yesterday but when I went to preform this, I noticed i couldnt obtain root. Also I no longer had root for superuser. I read that some people rooted and then updated to 4.0.2 do you think I should re run the fastboot root and then try this now that the update is on the phone? or is there a different download, file, or different anything when rooting 4.0.2?

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^^^ Taking an ota usually removes root. Just redo the root steps since you are already unlocked.

Reaction score
Thats what I figured but with the flood of info I didnt want to preform 4.0.1 steps in the event of different files/steps for 4.0.2. Thanks I will report back later!

EDIT: turns out I had to re root. No big deal just follow whatever instructions you like. Then preform the CWM install however you like. Yes I heard the 'pop' while rebooting into recovery via CWM. thats not healthy.

thanks!!!

Last edited:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I can only boot into cwm recovery through rom manager. Everytime I try manually (when the phone is off), it boots into stock recovery. I have deleted the system/recovery.p file and it is still booting into stock recovery. Any suggestions?

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I can only boot into cwm recovery through rom manager. Everytime I try manually (when the phone is off), it boots into stock recovery. I have deleted the system/recovery.p file and it is still booting into stock recovery. Any suggestions?

Flash CWM again and boot into recovery through the app, then reboot phone, then go to the bootloader and scroll down to recovery and hit power and you should get into CWM.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which is why I made this thread. :D Just go into Root Explorer, go to System>recovery-from-boot.p and change it to "1recovery-from-boot.p" or delete it and you should now have CWM permanently.

I renamed it and it's working perfect. Tested it 5 times before posting.
Wish that would have worked! I even tried just moving the file, no luck. When I return to the Stock rom next week with Android 4.0.3 rolling out, I'll try that again.