[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery [OFFICIAL]

kencorbin

Reaction score
Version 5.8.1.4 is not working for me. All of the cool things you can do from the app seem to work correctly. But if I actually boot into the Clockwork recovery I get the usual menu. But selecting any of the menu entries leads to an empty menu screen, from which I can't do anything except press the power button, which takes me back to the now useless main menu.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Version 5.8.1.4 is not working for me. All of the cool things you can do from the app seem to work correctly. But if I actually boot into the Clockwork recovery I get the usual menu. But selecting any of the menu entries leads to an empty menu screen, from which I can't do anything except press the power button, which takes me back to the now useless main menu.

Clockwork mod has issues. While I'm sure there are ways around them, try AmonRa. It just works.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I have read that clockworksmod is open source.
Where is the open source link?

I want to study it to figure out the best way to write an app to boot the rezound phone into recovery mode.

Howard

HowardZ

Reaction score
OK, I found the source code for Clockworksmod by searching at github.com

Contrary to the published code, I strongly suspect that the boot control block for a Rezound is not the first 32 bytes of the MISC partition. It must be elsewhere.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding it. Koush himself re-wrote the app and it still doesn't work right.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Well, I found the clockworkmod open source - source code on github.

There are many versions there, but I could not find an HTC Rezound version.

I downloaded the GB source code from htcdev, but it is only the kernel's source code. I am not finding anything useful regarding the bootloader command block.

This might be for the best, as I probably don't really want an app that can reboot to recovery ONLY on a Rezound, and not on any other model smarg phone.

Howard

juanlame

Reaction score
can't find recovery clockwork 5.0.2.0 vivo.img

i just finished unlocked my htc incredible s. tried to flash into fastboot but can't find fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-vivo.img to complete flashed. how can i do to find that files. help me please...

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
i just finished unlocked my htc incredible s. tried to flash into fastboot but can't find fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-vivo.img to complete flashed. how can i do to find that files. help me please...

I think you may be in the wrong place. These instructions are for the Rezound. The process will be similar but if the incredible is like the Rezound, you won't want to use CWM. You'll want to use AmonRa instead.