How to Return to Stock Jellybean

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I decided to make this thread based on helping another user tonight. This guide is simply based on jntdroid's guide with updated package names for JellyBean.

Make sure you have adb, fastboot, and all necessary drivers installed on your PC. If you do not have these drivers you can get them from SBenson's Root and Unlock thread found here. Once you have all the drivers and adb and fastboot set up, download this package:

https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mysid-jro03o-factory-f17426e6.tgz

****Note that using this guide you will wipe your /data including your internal storage****

1. After the package is done downloading, you will need to extract the .tgz file to your directory where fastboot is stored. If you used SBenson's Root and Unlock guide, it should be found in C:/Root.

2. Once you have extracted those files into the correct directory, you then need to open a terminal. Again, assuming you used SBenson's guide, you need to put:

cd C:/root

If you didn't use SBenson's guide then simply cd to the proper directory where your fastboot is located.

3. fastboot flash bootloader-toro-primelc03.img (note: if using SBenson's guide your fastboot may be named "fastboot-windows". If that is the case simply preface all commands with fastboot-windows)

4. fastboot reboot-bootloader

5. fastboot flash radio radio-toro-i515.fg02.img

6. fastboot reboot-bootloader

7. fastboot flash radio-cdma radio-cdma-toro-i515.ff02.img (this will take a minute or two so don't worry)

8. fastboot reboot-bootloader

9. fastboot -w update image-mysid-jro03o.zip (this will wipe your /data partition including your internal storage so be sure to back up your data before performing)

Optional 10, 11, and 12 to relock bootloader:

If you want to relock your bootloader, then you may have to sign into Android using your gmail account and activate. Once that is done you need to go to Settings, click developer options, turn on developer options, and enable USB debugging. Then with your terminal still open, type:

10. adb reboot bootloader

11. fastboot oem lock

12. Use the volume keys to make sure "START" is shown on your bootloader screen. Then hit the power button. DONE!

MAC users:

Steps 1 and 2 should be the same for you. Just cd to the proper directory where fastboot is located.

3. ./fastboot flash bootloader-toro-primelc03.img (note: if you used SBenson's root and unlock guide, your ./fastboot may actually be named fastboot-mac. If that is the case, simply type "./fastboot-mac" for all the commands)

4. ./fastboot reboot-bootloader

5. ./fastboot flash radio radio-toro-i515.fg02.img

6. ./fastboot reboot-bootloader

7. ./fastboot flash radio-cdma radio-cdma-toro-i515.ff02.img (this will take a minute or two so don't worry)

8. ./fastboot reboot-bootloader

9. ./fastboot -w update image-mysid-jro03o.zip

Optional 10, 11, and 12 to relock bootloader

If you want to relock your bootloader, then you may have to sign into Android using your gmail account and activate. Once that is done you need to go to Settings, click developer options, turn on developer options, and enable USB debugging. Then with your terminal still open, type:

10. ./adb reboot bootloader

11. ./fastboot oem lock

12. Use the volume keys to make sure "START" is shown on your bootloader screen. Then hit the power button. DONE!

Again, please note that I take no credit for this as this guide was largely based on jntdroid's original guide. If you would like close this thread and update that one with the latest images, that is fine. Just thought I would start this to further help new users.