[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)

713King

Reaction score
i can boot into recovery but I don't see that file in system... what I had issues at times is when I tried booting to recovery it only had 4 options to choose or 3 reboot phone, reformat system, clear cache something like that it was not the full recovery and than when phone started I would have to flash recovery again, don't know if it is still doing that since I dont flash many roms

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i can boot into recovery but I don't see that file in system... what I had issues at times is when I tried booting to recovery it only had 4 options to choose or 3 reboot phone, reformat system, clear cache something like that it was not the full recovery and than when phone started I would have to flash recovery again, don't know if it is still doing that since I dont flash many roms

I would guess that if you're running a custom ROM, that file has been removed intentionally to keep your recovery from being overwritten. It should stick once flashed if that file isn't there.

Riley

Reaction score
Quick question and I can't remember how it goes, but when restoring a backup doe sit wipe everything for you on the restore, or do we have to manually wipe it in CW before we go to restore a backup?

steveil

Reaction score
it is permanent now. the file is just there if you wanted the stock recovery back.

I went back to stock recovery. Can I go back to permanent CWM just by renaming the file again or do I have to reflash?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I went back to stock recovery. Can I go back to permanent CWM just by renaming the file again or do I have to reflash?

You will need to reflash the custom recovery. If you want the custom recovery to stay longer than 1 reboot, you will also need to do something to the .p file (rename, move, delete)