[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Updated the OP with a HowTo video given to me and made by DroidModderX(thank you sir) and added "mount as R/W" to the instructions(thank you dezymond). The video shows the whole process manually, unlock bootloader, root, flash CWM recovery.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Updated the OP with a HowTo video given to me and made by DroidModderX(thank you sir) and added "mount as R/W" to the instructions(thank you dezymond). The video shows the whole process manually, unlock bootloader, root, flash CWM recovery.
Nice. That video should definitely help those who are hesitant, I know videos made it easier for me when I decided to root my OG droid. Easier to follow someone on youtube than it is directions (as simple as those are), imo.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
It looks like this when I plug it in and even when I unplug it this stays on the screen till a battery pull

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I was getting that the other day when I rooted into a boot loop. First lightning bolts on the battery icon then the one in your picture. Had to do a factory restore to set it right.

Last edited:

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I'm not really sure where this should be posted but I have a recovery question that has bugged me since I first got my droid1. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and the text on those screens is SUPER hard to read! Is there any way to make them at least a little bit bigger? Until I learn where everything is I have to use a magnifying glass :p. Also like someone else I installed CWR twice thinking I didn't have the newest (even tho it said i did) but after doing a backup weird things happened. When trying to reboot the phone it told me the back button was disabled? Then that it was enabled over and over and would not recognize the power button. I had to take the power cord out and do a battery pull to reboot (Took 2 tries). Any ideas? All seems ok now.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question... why call it final version? is Koush done deving with rom manager or something? :blink:

hellboar

Reaction score
wish there was an easy way to do this without root explorer. I hate reflashing every time...

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I've been getting "E:/ can't open cache/recovery/log" & ".../last_log" when I go to CWM. Other than that it works fine. Anyone else seeing this?

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I've been getting "E:/ can't open cache/recovery/log" & ".../last_log" when I go to CWM. Other than that it works fine. Anyone else seeing this?

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

No, that's a new one to me.

Ricardo_r21

Reaction score
I cant find that file "recovery-from-boot.p", I go to system and I see a bunch of folders and just one files names build ... help plz

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dagdoot

Reaction score
I can not rename that file no matter how hard I try..I am clicking remount as r/w and it still doesnt let me, still says its read only blah blah blah..WHAT THE HELL! Anything else I can try?

EDIT: nevermind, I had to reinstall the app for some reason, now it works.

Last edited: