Clockwork Mod Easy fix

rdubb

Reaction score
This may have been posted else where but wanted to help out!

You may have notice that after install/flash CWM that it only works from within one boot and does not stick after that- easy fix for that is use Root Explorer and go to your system: file path is system/recovery-from-boot.p and click from Mount R/O to Mount R/W and rename the recovery-from-boot.p to 1recovery-from-boot.p clockwork will work every time.-:icon_ banana:

Coots

Reaction score
Thanks for the 'click to Mount R/W... I totally over looked that button up there.

Duh.

shanimal92

Reaction score
there is no recover from boot file in mine? uh oh. i even flashed again

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there is no recover from boot file in mine? uh oh. i even flashed again

In root explorer open the system folder and you should see like a notepad icon and it will say "recovery-from-boot.p" rename it to "1recovery-from-boot.p"

shanimal92

Reaction score
nope, nothing. i even searched my whole phone for anything with "recovery" in it and all i got was Eminem's CD.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You sure you did not delete it already.

shanimal92

Reaction score
positive cause when i hold down volume up, down, and power i go to bootloader instead of clockwork. the only way to get to clockwork is to go form rommanager. what puts it there in the first place?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
positive cause when i hold down volume up, down, and power i go to bootloader instead of clockwork. the only way to get to clockwork is to go form rommanager. what puts it there in the first place?

Yeah I normally do adb rebbot recovery

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Its funny, for me i know i rooted properly and unlocked, but when holding power, vol up and vol down it goes into the bootloader screen and gives me the option to choose using the volume button, if i want to restart bootloader, recovery, or restart phone. When i choose recovery it will go into CWM but not directly... Is that standard?

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well that was easy... lol. I thought it was already persistant until I cold booted into recovery(stock). I just added .bak to the end. powered down. three button start/recovery/cwr woot! thanks.

shanimal92

Reaction score
im a idiot... all i need was patience. i all needed to do was go to the bootloader; use vlume rocker to click "recovery"; let the google with unlocked lock sit for 10sec; then viola, CWM! in the OG Droid it was just instead of teh regular bootloader you got CWM.