Help! Data will not unmount in Clockwork Mod!

hobby31

Reaction score
I have CWM, the touch version, installed on my Verizon Nexus. I flashed Vicious's Jelly been Rom V2. I then decide to try V1. I was able to make a nandroid of V2. After trying V1 for awhile I decided to go back to V2. Now, I've flashed many ROMs and never had any problems with CWM touch until now. I usually format system, format cache, format data. I went through all those steps and tried to restore my nandroid of V2. System restored fine but I got an error on the data. I tried to reboot and It got stuck at the google start up screen. I then pulled battery and got back into recovery by holding both volumes and power and can get back into CWM. I've tried restoring a few of my backups and can only get to the google start screen and sometimes it boot loops at the boot animation. I wipe between each restore.

Now, I've noticed that data is mounted in CWM and will not unmount so I think formating data or wiping data is not working.

Need help on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

OP
hobby31

hobby31

Reaction score
86 views and no response? Anyway, after numerous battery pulls, rebooting, bootlooping, trying to restore numerous nandroids, and googling...I had the phone sitting at the google start screen for a few minutes while cruising the forum when all the sudden it booted up. Strange, the last thing I tried to do was re-install V1. All my data is still intact just like it was before. I think I'm going to try and copy my titanium backups over to my pc incase I have to flash it back to 4.0.2.

sir2545

Reaction score
I have CWM, the touch version, installed on my Verizon Nexus. I flashed Vicious's Jelly been Rom V2. I then decide to try V1. I was able to make a nandroid of V2. After trying V1 for awhile I decided to go back to V2. Now, I've flashed many ROMs and never had any problems with CWM touch until now. I usually format system, format cache, format data. I went through all those steps and tried to restore my nandroid of V2. System restored fine but I got an error on the data. I tried to reboot and It got stuck at the google start up screen. I then pulled battery and got back into recovery by holding both volumes and power and can get back into CWM. I've tried restoring a few of my backups and can only get to the google start screen and sometimes it boot loops at the boot animation. I wipe between each restore.

Now, I've noticed that data is mounted in CWM and will not unmount so I think formating data or wiping data is not working.

Need help on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.
This very same thing keeps happening to me. I have had to flash the factory image twice to get the phone to work again, then I reroot and install. Jelly Bean boots up fine the first time, but if I turn it off, it gets stuck at google. I also noticed that data would not unmount and when you wipe it, it goes really quickly like its not actually doing anything. I wish someone could figure this out cuz I want to keep this ROM but its too risky. How is yours doing now, still having trouble booting?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Glad you figured it out hobby, I've been having pretty much the exact same problem myself with jd's rom and jellybelly. I managed to recover jd's rom, but your method may have worked as well for me. I'll keep it in mind and let others know. I'll also post it over at galaxynexus forum if you don't mind?

Oh yeah, word is that CWR touch causes problems with JB so I heard switching over to regular version of CWR fixes that. I'm still on CWR touch myself, but I'll see if it works for another week or two without any problems.

mattjenn

Reaction score
I am on cwm touch only problem I have is any jelly bean rom boots fine first time after that it takes anywhere from 3-10 mins to boot past Google logo then it boots fine. When I restore to ics backup I boot into recovery and manually wipe data,cache,and dalvick I have never had boot loop to this point.

Oktavius

Reaction score
I have been having issues with my data as well but it started with ICS, before JB. I was using CWM Touch and couldn't wipe data. Going back to a total factory reset would work. When I was going to JellyBean v3.2 I installed TWRP recovery and ran into the same issue of not being able to wipe data. So it seems it isn't limited to just CWM Touch and JB.