New custom boot animation just came out today

dbones

Reaction score
Update: (links fixed)
This is the unofficial boot animation from the Nexus Prime ported by carlz28.
DROID-PRIME-BOOT.png
[video=youtube;xas54uwfyl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xas54uwfyl0[/video]

"USING ROOT EXPLORER"

Put bootanimation.zip into data/local.

Put transdroid.mp3 into system/media(MUST BE ROOTED AND MOUNT SYSTEM AS R/W)
after you put transdroid.mp3 into system/media mount system as r/o.

Reboot and enjoy:)

bootanimation.zip

transdroid.mp3 - right click and click save link as...

stabl4life82

Reaction score
Just did it and it works great. One question though. Can I do a different sound mp3 for it? If so is it just as eay as making a mp3 and saving it to the system/media folder?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
dbones

dbones

Reaction score
Yes it will work if you rename the sound as transdroid.mp3

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i am trying to figure out how to do saw (jigsaw that is) from the movie..i cant figure it out though...i already have the mp3 for the saw dolls laugh but the actual animation is killing me....anything easy i could to make it work?

RadzPrower

Reaction score
Depends on the source material. Where are you getting your images from?

Sent from my rooted Droid 3

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i actually cant find a spot to get them i have been googling for a little while now..lol...i see pictures of them, but nothing in motion..is there a recommended spot to find files like these?

RadzPrower

Reaction score
I ripped my motions from youtube and used a program to break it into it's individual frames which I then went through by hand to match the beginnings to the endings so it was a smooth loop.

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i done went through youtube and other places to find jigsaw riding on a tricycle and have had no luck..basically i want it like in the movie when he rides up and then turns to u and starts his laugh but i cant find it anywhere..i dont know if i will actually have to download the movie to get it

RadzPrower

Reaction score
If you can't find it on Youtube, I don't see any other way to get the images you'll need.

muscal

Reaction score
I ripped my motions from youtube and used a program to break it into it's individual frames which I then went through by hand to match the beginnings to the endings so it was a smooth loop.

Tried on the incredible using CM7. However, i don't think CM7 allows Boot Sounds. Can anyone confirm or tell me how to fix? Thanks.

RadzPrower

Reaction score
Should be the same I would imagine but I'm not sure.

Isak73

Reaction score
Tried on the incredible using CM7. However, i don't think CM7 allows Boot Sounds. Can anyone confirm or tell me how to fix? Thanks.

Having the same problem sound doesn't work on cm7 for me either

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

muscal

Reaction score
FOR CM7/AOSP users.

Follow this link to actually enable bootsounds.

Droid boot sound - CyanogenMod Forum

NOTE: I can get the sound and stuff working but it is out of sync with the animation. They both start at the same time. In other words, by the time the Android Prime guy comes in, the sound has played out. In my attempt to fix this issue i lengthened the soundtrack a few seconds to match up the audio/video better but it isn't right. The animation is too slow and choppy to get matched up correctly. I think partly because of file size, mostly the sound file size. Do any other users experience choppy playback or is just me since i'm on a Droid Incredible with a slower processor than a DX. Thanks guys.