[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery [OFFICIAL]

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dfnewsig.png

ClockworkMod Recovery by Koush is now official for the HTC Rezound. Featuring regular custom recovery and the new touch custom recovery!

You can obtain both recoveries from Koush's app called ROM Manager [found here] or you can obtain the .img files to flash in fastboot below.

[Regular Custom Recovery .img file]
[Touch Custom Recovery .img file]

These files were taken from Koush's website found here: ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

To flash the .img files above in fastboot, you must first be HTC Dev Unlocked, [see this thread for more info].

-Place the downloaded .img file into the same directory as fastboot.
-Connect the phone to computer, and boot phone into fastboot mode ["adb reboot bootloader" is quick so you don't have to pull your battery, make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled].
-Run the command (without the quotes) "fastboot flash recovery [nameoffile].img" where [nameoffile] is the actual file name of the image file and don't forget the ".img" extension.

Please show your thanks and gratitude to our hard working community developers by donating or by purchasing the full/donate versions of their applications from the Android Market.

Last edited:

TheDr1ver

Reaction score
I flashed mine and the NAND backup worked perfectly. It probably took about 10-15 min. When all said and done, the backup folder found on my SD Card (/sdcard/clockwordmod/backup/2011-12-29.16.13.54) was about 1GB in size.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I flashed mine and the NAND backup worked perfectly. It probably took about 10-15 min. When all said and done, the backup folder found on my SD Card (/sdcard/clockwordmod/backup/2011-12-29.16.13.54) was about 1GB in size.

Glad it worked, never checked the size of mine, but wow that is large. Will have to see how large mine is...

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to get ext4 recovery on this yet? I really like the layout and setup of this recovery, but haven't seen anything on it yet for the rezound.
Thanks in advance!!

Not that I am aware of, have not come across it yet.

fallofshadows

Reaction score
I just stuck the .zip file on my SD card and booted into the recovery screen. It automatically detected the new recovery image, and flashed it. Everything seems to be working fine, I'm performing a Nandroid backup as I type this.

EDIT: The recovery seems to have locked up... Maybe I didn't install it right? I think I'm going to try the CMD method, maybe that will fix things. Hopefully doing a battery pull during a recovery isn't a disaster.

Last edited:

TheDr1ver

Reaction score
I wrote a script that combines a bunch of parts of other peoples' scripts I've found (and added some of my own) on my blog. I haven't had a second to check the link rules on the forum as I'm sending this from my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The recover has been patched since I created this thread and have yet to update this OP here yet, as I seen Koush (ClockWork Mod) post on Twitter that he wanted the Rezound stock recovery, meaning he's working on an official CWM. I have had no issues with this yet, made a backup just fine and no lock ups. If you got the newer patched version, you can probably extract the recovery.img file and push using fastboot.exe.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Nice to see the dev support finally picking up for the Rezound!

fallofshadows

Reaction score
The recover has been patched since I created this thread and have yet to update this OP here yet, as I seen Koush (ClockWork Mod) post on Twitter that he wanted the Rezound stock recovery, meaning he's working on an official CWM. I have had no issues with this yet, made a backup just fine and no lock ups. If you got the newer patched version, you can probably extract the recovery.img file and push using fastboot.exe.

I used the newer version I think, and it's still locked up. The backup just freezes... what a pain.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, is there anything I can do with that? I've tried booting directly into recovery from ROM manager, but that didn't work either.

that's what I used, and ran a backup, and worked for me. you don't have quick backup or any other settings changed in ROM manager do you?

Once I get on Team BAMF's ROM here in a few I'll do another backup and see if it hangs.

fallofshadows

Reaction score
that's what I used, and ran a backup, and worked for me. you don't have quick backup or any other settings changed in ROM manager do you?

Once I get on Team BAMF's ROM here in a few I'll do another backup and see if it hangs.

I just installed ROM Manager from the market and ran it as-is. The patched version of the recovery is the one on team BAMF forums, PH98IMG.zip, right?

Alphaman

Reaction score
Ok, this was a little confusing for me. I used the fastboot to install at the command prompt and it went successfully, however I downloaded ROM Manager from the market and it asks to install ClockworkMod Recovery but there's no selection for the Rezound phone in the list. Therefore I just went back to the HBoot menu and created a backup using the Hboot menu. I'm not sure if this was correct? Is there anyone else getting the ClockworkMod Recovery to work?