[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Wish that would have worked! I even tried just moving the file, no luck. When I return to the Stock rom next week with Android 4.0.3 rolling out, I'll try that again.

I mean either way works, I just figured renaming it would be better in case you needed use of that file at a later point in time.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm not 100% clockwork is the source of my situation but:

Before leaving work I installed clockwork with no problems and went ahead and did a full backup. As soon as that back up was done and I was back in the OS I unplugged from wall power, put the phone in my pocket and left the office. About half way home I noticed that I didn't have a data connection while trying to do something on my phone. Once I got home I have tried:

Cycle Airplane Mode
Power Cycle
Power off, pull battery, hold power for 10 seconds, replace battery and reboot
replace the stock recovery file, reboot, boot into fastboot and confirm clockwork is removed, reboot

After all of these, I still have no data connection... thoughts? I guess I should proceed to unroot, then re-lock?

Last edited:
OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
So I'm not 100% clockwork is the source of my situation but:

Before leaving work I installed clockwork with no problems and went ahead and did a full backup. As soon as that back up was done and I was back in the OS I unplugged from wall power, put the phone in my pocket and left the office. About half way home I noticed that I didn't have a data connection while trying to do something on my phone. Once I got home I have tried:

Cycle Airplane Mode
Power Cycle
Power off, pull battery, hold power for 10 seconds, replace battery and reboot
replace the stock recovery file, reboot, boot into fastboot and confirm clockwork is removed, reboot

After all of these, I still have no data connection... thoughts? I guess I should proceed to unroot, then re-lock?

Did you try restoring via your nandroid backup?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try restoring via your nandroid backup?

Looking back, I probably should have tried that, but I didn't because it was the very last thing I did before I didn't have data so I assumed that it wouldn't have made a difference... I can still reinstall clockwork and attempt to, but at this point, I have unrooted, relocked (still didn't have data), and just did a factory reset... and what do ya know, I have 4G now! Time to get back to clockwork and restore and see what happens!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking back, I probably should have tried that, but I didn't because it was the very last thing I did before I didn't have data so I assumed that it wouldn't have made a difference... I can still reinstall clockwork and attempt to, but at this point, I have unrooted, relocked (still didn't have data), and just did a factory reset... and what do ya know, I have 4G now! Time to get back to clockwork and restore and see what happens!

Never-mind, just learned (remembered) the hard way that when you do a factory reset, the lack of SD card means that nandroids and TiBu files all get demolished... well, looks like I get to start my device from scratch

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score

Lol. Yeah, that would have been the first thing I did. Glad a factory reset worked. Let us know if you lose data again after flashing CWM.

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Never-mind, just learned (remembered) the hard way that when you do a factory reset, the lack of SD card means that nandroids and TiBu files all get demolished... well, looks like I get to start my device from scratch

That's because you locked the bootloader back up, it wipes the entire phone when you lock/unlock the bootloader.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Its the unlock like stated above that wipes /sdcard.

If a wipe data/factory reset wipes /sdcard then this is an issue and will be fixed. Its not supposed to touch /sdcard. I am not excited to test it so I cant verify, but am wondering if Truss is right?

Last edited:
OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Ok, I can verify that wiping data will not touch the virtual sd card so pictures, file, apps and backups on this partition will not be wiped.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
So how did you wipe data? I am assuming through CWM, correct?

I did a data wipe from within settings>security and it basically formatted my whole internal storage drive. I lost my backups, pictures, etc, and my titanium app backups. I still had them on my PC tho.

I used to own a DX, so no matter how I wiped data, it never touched the SD card. Also, how do I get into CWM if I am boot looping, like from being powered off? Hard button combo?

EDIT: I realized that I have to press volume up & down + power button to boot into recovery *face palm*

Last edited:

jleeusa

Reaction score
Hey guys. I got a question/ need some help. Why are you editing or deleting that system file? Is it to keep root? I read the entire thread and no one else is having the same issue as I am. I cannot edit/delete that file. It says "recovery-from-boot.p cannot be renamed because the file system is read-only" Up at the top of Root Explorer I mounted as R/W, still can't do it. Thanks in advance.

jleeusa

Reaction score
Hey guys. I got a question/ need some help. Why are you editing or deleting that system file? Is it to keep root? I read the entire thread and no one else is having the same issue as I am. I cannot edit/delete that file. It says "recovery-from-boot.p cannot be renamed because the file system is read-only" Up at the top of Root Explorer I mounted as R/W, still can't do it. Thanks in advance.

I got it. I mounted R/W on the first Root Explorer screen, not once into the system file.

bigeric828

Reaction score
So you can just flash it through Rom Manager clicking "flash ..." after unlocked/rooted? seems easier.