[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I cant find that file "recovery-from-boot.p", I go to system and I see a bunch of folders and just one files names build ... help plz

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I can't find it either but my clockwork recovery works even after reboots so I just stopped looking for it...

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
No, that's a new one to me.

I figured I'd be the only one. Reflashed CWM and it still does it. I was thinking of deleting the recovery log on the sd to see if that helps. But as long as it works, I'll leave well enough alone for now.

rleejr79

Reaction score
I cant find that file "recovery-from-boot.p", I go to system and I see a bunch of folders and just one files names build ... help plz

+1

I downloaded Clockwork from the Market as I paid for the license previous. Are we using two different versions?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
DancingNexusOMG!!!! dancing nexus is awesome. Just noticed, i was wondering when/if they would make one. Sorry for off topic. lol, just saw rubik use it and had to share excitement.

alpine

Reaction score
When I go to do a back up from Rom Manager, before the screen shuts off it says unfortunately rom manger has closed but yet it reboots and did the back up. I'm unlocked and rooted and running the stock rom.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that in CWM using the volume keys tends to overshoot the menu items?

This is good, I'm glad I'm not the only one. The overshoot was starting to get to me, but since others are experiencing this as well, I won't worry too much. I wonder if something is a bit wonky with this version of clockwork? The only real bad thing about this is if you overshoot 3 or more times, it disables your back button - then you have to know how to re-enable it.

sefirosu0522

Reaction score
Guys I'm following this:

Or

1. Unlock the bootloader if locked (fastboot oem unlock)
2. Gain root access (superboot)
3. Download ROM Manager from the market (free or buy and support the app)
4. Flash ClockworkMod from ROM Manager
5. Download Root Explorer from the market ($3.99)
6. In Root Explorer go to System
, mount as R/W(button up towards the top of the app), find recovery-from-boot.p (change to 1recovery-from-boot.p or delete)

ClockworkMod should now be permanently flashed.
Once I go into system and mount as R/W I don't see recovery-from.p. What am I doing wrong? My bootloader is unlocked and I have SU access so I am starting at step 3.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guys I'm following this:

Once I go into system and mount as R/W I don't see recovery-from.p. What am I doing wrong? My bootloader is unlocked and I have SU access so I am starting at step 3.

Make sure you open Rom Manager and immediately select "Flash Clockwork Recovery." This will install clockwork. Then immediately (no reboot) use your root explorer and locate the recovery file.

mtnbst

Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing, I have no file either

I am successfully using the GSM version of cwm.. I know I know bad idea but I have had no issues whatsoever. I would rather have the cdma v flashed since its a cdma device. But it doesn't work. Grr

Last edited:

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 for Galaxy Nexus *CDMA Edition*

Disclaimer: Use the following methods at your own risk. I am not responsible if you brick your phone. I did not develop these methods. Good luck!

Download Link

MD5: b2d31c29b7ef785f9c0802a12264d322

c5b37ec206c0ea8cpng.png

How to Install

1. Unlock the bootloader if locked (fastboot oem unlock)
2. Gain root access (superboot)
3. Flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img)
4. Reboot (fastboot reboot)
5. Boot into fastboot mode (Power + Volume Up and Down) and select Recovery
6. Download Root Explorer from the market ($3.99)
7. In Root Explorer go to System,
mount as R/W(button up towards the top of the app), find recovery-from-boot.p (change to 1recovery-from-boot.p or delete)

**All credit goes to to Koush and anyone else responsible for ClockworkMod**

After some fooling around, and having issues with flashing CW, I took a trip over to XDA and saw their direction s were slightly different. Try this:
How to Install ClockworkMod

1. Install Root Explorer from the market and delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p
(or rename to 1recovery-from-boot.p)*Mount as R/W first*
2. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
3. Flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img)
4. Reboot into OS (fastboot reboot)
5. You now have CWM recovery permanently installed

**Source**
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20310879&postcount=1

Worked perfectly for me!

Last edited:

thebird36

Reaction score
This is good, I'm glad I'm not the only one. The overshoot was starting to get to me, but since others are experiencing this as well, I won't worry too much. I wonder if something is a bit wonky with this version of clockwork? The only real bad thing about this is if you overshoot 3 or more times, it disables your back button - then you have to know how to re-enable it.

I usually just click up and down a few times and it re-enables or if you wait a few seconds it should work