[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)

biggestmexi

Reaction score
I renamed the file by adding .bak on the end and also removed all permissions. I have no issues keeping cwm recovery on my nex. Just a suggestion rather than adding a 1 to it. I'm sure both will work. Just remove permissions from that is you have an issue. If you boot and stock recovery is there reflash cwm recovery before renaming and changing permission again

sent from unlocked gnex

I ended up just deleting it, and that worked for me. Now my problem is getting that Android is Upgrading window to go away. Everytime I reboot or try to flash that google wallet it does it.

Then after that, I am going to have to try getting google wallet to stop FC'ing.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I ended up just deleting it, and that worked for me. Now my problem is getting that Android is Upgrading window to go away. Everytime I reboot or try to flash that google wallet it does it.

Then after that, I am going to have to try getting google wallet to stop FC'ing.

Deleting sure will work but when or if u need to put the stock recovery back you're going to have to do it the fastboot method rather than renaming and rebooting.

My suggestion was an alternative not a must.

Haven't tried gwallet yet

sent from unlocked gnex

biggestmexi

Reaction score
Deleting sure will work but when or if u need to put the stock recovery back you're going to have to do it the fastboot method rather than renaming and rebooting.

My suggestion was an alternative not a must.

Haven't tried gwallet yet

sent from unlocked gnex

I actually did it before i read your post is all.

biggestmexi

Reaction score
Ahhh..gotcha. where did u find the gwallet download. I'll play around with it

sent from unlocked gnex

I got it to work. but had to wipe the phone to do it :(, granted it is still new but everything will have to be DL'ed (automatically) again, which means homescreen icons!!WOOOO

check this out.

How To Add Google Wallet to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus | TheUnlockr

I just loaded it as a rom through rom manager. Selected wipe data and wipe cahce. I already had a back up. Works fine.....the app anyway.

captdroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the writeup BL4Z3D247... worked perfectly! :) Flashing clockworkmod using ROM Mangler I had to do twice for a slightly older version it wanted to flash at first and then do again with update to take clockworkmod to 5.5.0.4. At least when I did it last night had to flash twice to get latest version of clockworkmod flashed.

Last edited:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks BL4Z3D247. Worked perfectly.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the pop sound the Nexus makes when booting into recovery...

biggestmexi

Reaction score
Yes, thanks BL4Z3D247. Worked perfectly.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the pop sound the Nexus makes when booting into recovery...

Yeah, I have seen someone else post about that too, but I havent heard it.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
does a custom recovery block OTAs? Probably doesn't matter because I assume if an OTA is pushed Google will release the img anyway but was just curious.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
does a custom recovery block OTAs? Probably doesn't matter because I assume if an OTA is pushed Google will release the img anyway but was just curious.

You will still recieve ota's but installing an ota is a different story. Usually you will just loose root, but if modifications were made to the bootloader you can soft brick.

Its usually not recomended to accept an ota. A rooted image is usually available shortly after release, but the wait can be too much for some people.

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will still recieve ota's but installing an ota is a different story. Usually you will just loose root, but if modifications were made to the bootloader you can soft brick.

Ok thanks and if you stay with the stock recovery but are rooted? Same scenario?

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok thanks and if you stay with the stock recovery but are rooted? Same scenario?

Being rooted without custom recovery is pretty dangerous. Need to have a working backup if you roll rooted and are flashing ROMs.

But to answer your question, its not the recovery that is the issue. Its OTHER possible modifcations you have made with root access that causes instability when flashing an ota. Flashing stock recovery wont benefit you over CWM when ota is concerned.

If changes are made to the bootloader is the biggest concern. A patch must be developed or the extent of the changes need to be figured out. Pushing stock images with fastboot is sure fire restore, but you may have to wait for images.

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Being rooted without custom recovery is pretty dangerous. Need to have a working backup if you roll rooted and are flashing ROMs.

But to answer your question, its not the recovery that is the issue. Its OTHER possible modifcations you have made with root access that causes instability when flashing an ota. Flashing stock recovery wont benefit you over CWM when ota is concerned.

Yeah no I have CWM installed and a backup already, just was concerned about OTAs. I'm thinking I'm not going to be running a bunch of custom ROMs on this phone like I did with my D1, so I'd like just stock OTAs, but I'll revisit that whenever any OTAs are pushed. Of course, I might change my mind and end up flashing ROMs all the time like I did with the D1 too haha

J.P.

Reaction score
Ive done all of the steps and everytime i try to boot into recovery using clockwork mod, it gives me the android on his back with the exclamation point.. If I go into clockwork, and reflash the recovery everytime before i reboot into recovery it works fine. anyone else have the same problem?

---Sent from my office, at my desk, using an HP Computer running Windows 7

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ive done all of the steps and everytime i try to boot into recovery using clockwork mod, it gives me the android on his back with the exclamation point.. If I go into clockwork, and reflash the recovery everytime before i reboot into recovery it works fine. anyone else have the same problem?

---Sent from my office, at my desk, using an HP Computer running Windows 7

Are you using ROM manager? at the top it says "flash ClockworkMod Recovery" select that, then cdma. Then the second line is "Reboot into Recovery". Does that work? Looks like these steps need to be followed each time you want into recovery. Not sure why the recovery isnt sticking.