[ROM] [NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

pgarlinski

Reaction score
Not a problem

So far so good on the wifi. Its survived two reboots, and going out of range. Only weirdness I saw was after one of the reboots, it forgot the saved wifi, and I had to re enter my pass.

I have not attempted to connect to any other wifi networks yet, I won't likely try that until I'm back at work Monday.

What security settings do you have setup on the router? WEP or WPA? I tried wiping and reinstalling several times and still can't get WiFi to take.

I'm using WPA on router but I'm still hesitant to change the security settings right now...

Thanks!

ahappypengiun

Reaction score
I don't see this documented anywhere, so I'll ask here.
I am running a very old nightly of AOKP (2012-04-08) and the version of my safestrap is v1.09 .
How do I upgrade to this version of the ICS rom that is based on the leak? Do I need to revert to stock? How would I do that?

kenji91

Reaction score
ahappypengiun said:
I don't see this documented anywhere, so I'll ask here.
I am running a very old nightly of AOKP (2012-04-08) and the version of my safestrap is v1.09 .
How do I upgrade to this version of the ICS rom that is based on the leak? Do I need to revert to stock? How would I do that?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need to flash the stock GB (219) and then flash an ICS kernel (213 is the latest). Then flash the ICS leak and install Safestrap 2.0. From there, you can flash the ICS based CM9s.

grizzy3

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need to flash the stock GB (219) and then flash an ICS kernel (213 is the latest). Then flash the ICS leak and install Safestrap 2.0. From there, you can flash the ICS based CM9s.

After you flash stock 219 you can go straight to stock recovery and flash the ics leak. There's no need to flash the kernel unless you're going from leak to leak.

kenji91

Reaction score
grizzy3 said:
After you flash stock 219 you can go straight to stock recovery and flash the ics leak. There's no need to flash the kernel unless you're going from leak to leak.

Oh ok, good to know! Thanks!

Gangrif

Reaction score
pgarlinski said:
What security settings do you have setup on the router? WEP or WPA? I tried wiping and reinstalling several times and still can't get WiFi to take.

I'm using WPA on router but I'm still hesitant to change the security settings right now...

Thanks!

Using WPA

I have 211 stock, and todays cm9 build, 6/23. If that makes a difference.

So far its working well. Even turned off wifi while I was out mowing the lawn today listening to slacker, and back on when I was done, picked right back up.

Decent battery life too!

pgarlinski

Reaction score
Okay...I figured out my WiFi problem...

It turns out my MAC address changed when I flashed the ICS leak on my phone. As a result, my router wasn't allowing my phone to connect. I should have checked this right away. I was under the impression that this would NOT happen...

So, WiFi works perfectly for me now as well.

Gangrif

Reaction score
pgarlinski said:
Okay...I figured out my WiFi problem...

It turns out my MAC address changed when I flashed the ICS leak on my phone. As a result, my router wasn't allowing my phone to connect. I should have checked this right away. I was under the impression that this would NOT happen...

So, WiFi works perfectly for me now as well.

This _should not_ happen. Mac addresses are hardware level, and should not change with a software upgrade. Wonder if mine did.....

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
What extra settings does this have compared to the ICS leak? Also, is it free of the bloatware? I'm trying to figure out whether I should install this or not. I'm fairly satisfied with the ICS leak.

Gangrif

Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
What extra settings does this have compared to the ICS leak? Also, is it free of the bloatware? I'm trying to figure out whether I should install this or not. I'm fairly satisfied with the ICS leak.

It does not have things like smart actions, and the moto car dock integration.
It also does not have the bloatware that verizon/moto foist on you.

It gains native sip dialling (something important to me)

It has a much cooler boot animation. :)

Its more configurable, and generally looks slicker. I haven't really messed with all of the settings yet.

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
This _should not_ happen. Mac addresses are hardware level, and should not change with a software upgrade. Wonder if mine did.....

Ah I should have double checked that the wifi nvs.bin is setup correctly. On TI's firmware it will assign a stock MAC address if you're not careful.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I prefer a barebones system, I dont use anything that comes preinstalled except the browser, calculator, calendar, gallery, and camera. Essentially a vanilla ICS would be perfect for me. The apps I use I download myself. That is why half the apps are frozen on my phone.

I also hate fancy animations/transitions, my first job when I flash a rom is to turn off those off. My favorite rom that I've used on all my phones is Eclipse. I think the one thing I'm looking for is to over/underclock and anything else that will make it faster.

I suppose I would have to wait for a vanilla ICS rom to come out.

Gangrif

Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
I prefer a barebones system, I dont use anything that comes preinstalled except the browser, calculator, calendar, gallery, and camera. Essentially a vanilla ICS would be perfect for me. The apps I use I download myself. That is why half the apps are frozen on my phone.

I also hate fancy animations/transitions, my first job when I flash a rom is to turn off those off. My favorite rom that I've used on all my phones is Eclipse. I think the one thing I'm looking for is to over/underclock and anything else that will make it faster.

I suppose I would have to wait for a vanilla ICS rom to come out.

I could be wrong, but cyanogen, I believe, is about as vanilla as it comes.

I love cyanogen for just that reason.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Maybe I'll give it a shot after some of the remaining bugs are worked out because I use my bluetooth earpiece a lot and I need data to be as solid as can be.

kenji91

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but cyanogen, I believe, is about as vanilla as it comes.

I love cyanogen for just that reason.

From what I've seen, CM9 isn't quite "vanilla" but it allows you to uninstall the bloatware.