[ROM] [NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

ECollins

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but my directional buttons on my keyboard are weird. Up and down is left and right and left and right is up and down... is this happening for everyone?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Cstryon

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but my directional buttons on my keyboard are weird. Up and down is left and right and left and right is up and down... is this happening for everyone?

It's not just you. I have this issue and I think a couple pages back someone else mentioned it. It must be a mapping issue.

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
It's not just you. I have this issue and I think a couple pages back someone else mentioned it. It must be a mapping issue.

Troubleshot this last night. Mapping is correct, but there's a setting for telling the keyboard to be orientation aware which was missing. It didn't make last nights build tho.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Cstryon

Reaction score
Troubleshot this last night. Mapping is correct, but there's a setting for telling the keyboard to be orientation aware which was missing. It didn't make last nights build tho.

Interesting, like the keyboard thought it was at some default direction and nothing told it to change?

Garlick

Reaction score
From what I've seen, CM9 isn't quite "vanilla" but it allows you to uninstall the bloatware.

No, that's not quite right either.

CM9 is built from the base Android code. The 'tweaks' that are added, are not apps, but rather tweaks to the OS code themselves. There are some apps, like Trebuchet, that are added because a launcher is needed for themes.

Bloatware are the apps that are mandatory on the manufacturers installs.

In CM9 you don't have "bloatware" you have only the basic Android operating system, plus the WiFi tether app, and Trebuchet, and then nothing else.

So if you're looking for "vanilla" android, that doesn't exist. Vanilla Android wouldn't run on any phone, unless you could code it yourself to make it operate.

ANY custom ROM is not going to be Vanilla Android, and that includes MIUI, CM9, Axiom....etc.

MoonScar119

Reaction score

Poo. Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow for the fix. Thank you so much for being on top of these issues. Finally getting the video recorder to work made me come back to this rom over eclipse. I knew you would get it done. I updated this rom almost daily when it first came out. I know all my settings by heart now and can have it all setup within 2 minutes after the rom loads. Lol

Gangrif

Reaction score
Well, my wifi issue is spontaneously back. I went to use my phone and no wifi, doing the same thing as before.

Haven't done much to troubleshoot yet, but it looks like the same issue.

mj084

Reaction score
Upgraded from 206 to 208 and to 211 and now to 213, after that installed safestrap to got CM9 from 06/22/2012 and no wifi problems! WPA/WPA2 Hotspot!

Thx2 hashcode

Gangrif

Reaction score
Gangrif said:
Well, my wifi issue is spontaneously back. I went to use my phone and no wifi, doing the same thing as before.

Haven't done much to troubleshoot yet, but it looks like the same issue.

Powering off, and then back on didn't help

Toggling wifi didn't help

Wiping cache didn't help.

Gangrif

Reaction score
Gangrif said:
Powering off, and then back on didn't help

Toggling wifi didn't help

Wiping cache didn't help.

Flashing 6/24, and gapps, no full wipe, didn't help

Gangrif

Reaction score
Gangrif said:
Flashing 6/24, and gapps, no full wipe, didn't help

Its possible that juice defender got enabled around the time this stopped working.
I had restored it from titanium, but wasn't using it. I accidentally turned it oh this morning, and later today noticed the wifi issue.

My mac address also appears wrong, I haven't verified this yet though.

snowyghost

Reaction score
ok so im just wondering im on ics 211 and im on the 6/22 version of this. will my ics kernal update as i flash new nightlys on or how do i go about updating that?

MoonScar119

Reaction score
ok so im just wondering im on ics 211 and im on the 6/22 version of this. will my ics kernal update as i flash new nightlys on or how do i go about updating that?

You have to download the nightlies and manually install them. But remember, just because there is a new one does not mean there have been updates to it.

rennert1

Reaction score
For all german user, here's the changed Keyboard files for typing äöü߀ÄÖÜ

Capslock is now Alt-Key

Alt+a = ä
Alt+o = ö
Alt+u =ü
Alt+s =ß
Alt+4 = €
Shift+Alt+a = Ä
Shift+Alt+o = Ö
Shift+Alt+u = Ü

Have fun!
Don't forget to set the permissions of 3 files (rw-r-r) and reboot

http://db.tt/Jw3bDO0e

...Tapatalk

superskaterxes

Reaction score
so ive noticed that the camera is slightly different then in the GB based CM9 version from before.

instead of auto-focusing after i click to take the pict, it pretty much instantly takes the pict and sometimes comes out blurry. i also noticed an app called CameraOMAP4 which came with the build but when i go to run it it just says process has stopped.

any insight?