[ROM] [NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

Giroux28

Reaction score
Got this installed on the safe side of my ics .213, running flawlessly!! thanks so much to everyone who made this possible!!

Cstryon

Reaction score
Latest nightly seems to have proper directional pad. Up down left right all go the expected directions!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Cstryon

Reaction score
This isn't really a dev question, more of a mod request. Is it possible to add the rings lock screen from Gummy to cm9 on the ics leak? Its by far my favorite lock screen type.

mj084

Reaction score
flashed CM9 from 25.06.2012 and now the light of hardwarekeyboard is always on....

Gangrif

Reaction score
This isn't really a dev question, more of a mod request. Is it possible to add the rings lock screen from Gummy to cm9 on the ics leak? Its by far my favorite lock screen type.

The ICS lockscreen implemented in CM9 is very similar to the rings lock screen implemented in CM7. Not sure what gummy looks like. Rings on cm7 had a lock, and silent "ring" you could drag to unlock, or silence your phone from the lock screen. It also had a confugiruable app starter ring so you could open apps from your lock screen. Useful for camera and stuff.

The lock screen in CM9 has all of this functinality, in a very similar layout, but it's one ring that you drag to your desired action, instead of many rings that you drag to open. You can add in launchers on the lockscreen section of system settings.

Maybe you've already seen all this, and dont like the new lock screen, and thats why you posted. :p

MoonScar119

Reaction score
Latest nightly seems to have proper directional pad. Up down left right all go the expected directions!

Yup, I concur. Very pleased now. I have been waiting for a working model with video and flash working. I finally have that and will await the official release when it comes out in the future. No need for me to do upgrades for now.

I did notice a poster on page 9 mentioned the new camera app that crashes and the new camear sometimes does not focus. I did not test snapshots, only video. I will have to test my camera out later to verify it is working correclty

Cstryon

Reaction score
The ICS lockscreen implemented in CM9 is very similar to the rings lock screen implemented in CM7. Not sure what gummy looks like. Rings on cm7 had a lock, and silent "ring" you could drag to unlock, or silence your phone from the lock screen. It also had a confugiruable app starter ring so you could open apps from your lock screen. Useful for camera and stuff.

The lock screen in CM9 has all of this functinality, in a very similar layout, but it's one ring that you drag to your desired action, instead of many rings that you drag to open. You can add in launchers on the lockscreen section of system settings.

Maybe you've already seen all this, and dont like the new lock screen, and thats why you posted. :p

Yes I do haha. The lock screen that had 2 orbs that you pickup and drag to the other side odds the one I liked the most from cm7. I would love to have it again, not really for functionality, but the looks.

kwyrt

Reaction score
flashed CM9 from 25.06.2012 and now the light of hardwarekeyboard is always on....

You're right. Didn't noticed until you mentioned it. Happens on both 6/24 and 6/25. As long as the screen is on the keyboard back light is also on, even when the keyboard is slid shut. It does shut off when the screen is turned off at least.

Cstryon

Reaction score
You're right. Didn't noticed until you mentioned it. Happens on both 6/24 and 6/25. As long as the screen is on the keyboard back light is also on, even when the keyboard is slid shut. It does shut off when the screen is turned off at least.

Ah, I see this now. Seems that is why my battery seems to be dieing quickly

pilonull

Reaction score
I fixed the backlight by going into settings>display> automatic backlight> checck use custom. then go to edit other levels and set the first Keyboard setting to 0 and it fixes it for the most part..

Cstryon

Reaction score
I fixed the backlight by going into settings>display> automatic backlight> checck use custom. then go to edit other levels and set the first Keyboard setting to 0 and it fixes it for the most part..

Thank you for that!

mj084

Reaction score
Missing under Input method the querty keyboard...perhaps this is the cause for the qwerty light bug?!

MoonScar119

Reaction score
Yup, I concur. Very pleased now. I have been waiting for a working model with video and flash working. I finally have that and will await the official release when it comes out in the future. No need for me to do upgrades for now.

I did notice a poster on page 9 mentioned the new camera app that crashes and the new camear sometimes does not focus. I did not test snapshots, only video. I will have to test my camera out later to verify it is working correclty

OK, messed around with snapshots and it is working GREAT. It focus's on it's own before taking a picture just fine. The center box crosshair thing does not show up until after you click the picture button, but i am ok with that. I'm good at centering on my own

This rom has my 100% approval

Thank you so much for all your hard work

kenji91

Reaction score
While caps lock still does not work, hitting Shift twice still locks caps until you hit it again (like it did on my D2).

kenji91

Reaction score
I just tried to modify the system font using ROM Toolbox and now I'm getting the persistent com.android.phone error.

Thoughts?