Nexus Released on 12/15

Black C5 Z06

Reaction score
I just talked to my contact at a local Verizon store, and she showed me the email that says it will be released on the 15th. She says they have them in stock and she has had a chance to play with it. I asked if I could just hold it and see ICS but that was a no go.

Anyway, take it for what it's worth. I know I'm just a guy on the internet, but I trust this woman and she said she was going to text me if anything changed.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, my VZW store manager told me he was absolutely sure about the 9th too. Things change so don't lose sight of that possibility :/

Regardless, WOOO if thats true, can't wait!

doublea500

Reaction score
I cant trust emails directly from verizon anymore. For me to believe there is an official release date, the nexus not only has to be paid for and in my hands, but it also has to be rooted with an unlocked bootloader and i must possess it for 3 months. At the three month point, if its rooted and has an unlocked bootloader, i will forgive verizon.

mrmark27

Reaction score
I stopped by the VZW kiosk in my mall and the guy there said pretty matter of factly the 15th as well. hopefully this time it actually happens and isnt delayed...again

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If the delay was because of Google wallet it means that either Verizon caved and the GNex will include it or Google satisfied Verizon with some sort of a security upgrade for it as Verizon claimed that the GW did not meet their security standards.

Either way considering the phones and accessories are in stores at Verizon and 3rd party retailers i would be surprised if it will take longer then the 15th.. 3rd party retailers wont be thrilled about the wasted shelf space by a product they are not allowed to sell for much longer.

jcardona1

Reaction score
I cant trust emails directly from verizon anymore. For me to believe there is an official release date, the nexus not only has to be paid for and in my hands, but it also has to be rooted with an unlocked bootloader and i must possess it for 3 months. At the three month point, if its rooted and has an unlocked bootloader, i will forgive verizon.

Even when Verizon releases this phone, I will still have a burning hatred for that company. The way they have handled this phone leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I think chances are pretty good that we'll never again see a Nexus phone on Verizon. And it's a shame too, cause I'm sure once you go Nexus you don't go back. Can't see myself using a crappy Motorola phone again bloated with their slimy UI skin.

305rev305

Reaction score
I just talked to my contact at a local Verizon store, and she showed me the email that says it will be released on the 15th. She says they have them in stock and she has had a chance to play with it. I asked if I could just hold it and see ICS but that was a no go.

Anyway, take it for what it's worth. I know I'm just a guy on the internet, but I trust this woman and she said she was going to text me if anything changed.

I also went yesterday to my corporate store and my buddy told me the 15th for sure. He also mentioned that it was supposed to come out yesterday but it didn't because of the LTE outage... So Thursday here I come!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't ask my VZW stores but I'm gonna believe this anyway.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

coverton341

Reaction score
I won't believe it until I have the phone in hand. There have been far too many "basically confirmed" dates and the past debacle with the ninth and stores getting emails that said sell them then and then getting emails saying wait, I just don't believe a word of it anymore

Sent via pixie dust

ctkubik

Reaction score
Well...I was at my Verizon store today and the manager let me play with the Nexus!!! :icon_ banana: It is frickin AWESOME! Crazy fast and very very light. The face recognition wasn't all that good as it worked 2 out of 5 times. He wouldn't tell me how many phones they had in stock, but he was more than willing to let me hold it and do an internet speed test (extremely fast). They thought the phone was going to be sold on the 9th, as we all hoped, but he said it will likely be the 15th. Take that with a grain of salt...they are going to call me when it is released and I will be there within 5 minutes.

n8sco

Reaction score
Went to my local best buy and was promised the 15th. I saw them in the cabinet when they got my sister's iPhone. Let's hope it happens this time.

JFMFT

Reaction score
I posted saying the 15th was announced in an email by Verizon 2-3 days ago. Why do people seem to be more willing to believe it now? *confused*

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk