it's beautiful...but when?

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
PHP:
I went to the VZW store today to get some stocking stuffers for my wife's razr. While there, I asked about the GN. The mgr said the 15th, but no official date...she said it could be delayed again. She then asked if I would like to see one? I said sure and she came back with the plastic demo and a white box with green android symbol with a brown/white ice cream sandwich sleeve. I got to handle a phone, but could not power it up. It feels nice in the hand and is smaller than I thought it would be. It felt smaller than the razr, probably due to it's curves. It felt solid and the battery door felt ok. I think it's a winner. She said they are on the shelf just waiting from corporate...nothing new.

Unfortunately due to a snafu with vzw my eligibility date got pushed to Jan 07/12...some mix up with upgrading wife's phone. They said they could upgrade me today to a iphone or other device but I would lose my $50 every two discount...bollocks, looks like I have to wait till after the holidays. F you VZW!

Hope it is the 15th and you guys get one...I'll be the jealous one.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd try another Verizon employee, it's often different depending on which person you speak with.

I don't see why they wouldn't let you use your $50 unless it was also used on your wife's upgrade.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
the employee i spoke with wouldn't give me the release date or her number:frown:

wolstonc

Reaction score
Because in VZW's computer, upgrading you early automatically removes that credit, and the only way to put it back would be to manually add a separate credit to your bill, and as all credits have to be approved by a supervisor, it would get denied as the rep is already doing you a favor by letting you upgrade early, at least in the eyes of the supervisor. Therefore the rep didn't want to make a promise they couldn't guarantee when it came to your $50 credit. At least, that's how it worked when I worked there

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
R850R

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Because in VZW's computer, upgrading you early automatically removes that credit, and the only way to put it back would be to manually add a separate credit to your bill, and as all credits have to be approved by a supervisor, it would get denied as the rep is already doing you a favor by letting you upgrade early, at least in the eyes of the supervisor. Therefore the rep didn't want to make a promise they couldn't guarantee when it came to your $50 credit. At least, that's how it worked when I worked there

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Agreed, the store manager related that she could not do anything for me except sell me a phone, including the GN when released at full price. But on or after Jan 07, 2012, I would get the discount plus my $50 new every two (last time) discount.

I called VZW cust support in the car and spoke with a supervisor who related that they would be willing to upgrade me at a discount (early upgrade) if I chose an iphone or RAZR/Rezound...whatever, today, but I would lose my $50 discount.

Basically (sorry for the long post/rant), about a month ago my wife's OG droid went into "broken" mode and I was sitting on my upgrade for the GN. She was not eligible for an upgrade until Jan 2012. So being the nice husband that I am, I called VZW and asked what I could do? They said that if I upgraded both lines to RAZRs, they would waive her early upgrade fee and we would get two new phones. Reluctantly, I agreed and said goodbye to the GN. My OG is on it's last legs as well.

VZW gave me $100 off for one RAZR (they said it was for upgrading from a 3g smartphone to 4g device promotional) and was better than my every two...I could not use both, so I got one for $199 and the other for $299. Both phones shipped, but one got lost and went into FedEx Limbo. I cancelled that phone and decided to wait for the GN instead of getting another RAZR. At that time, VZW decided to refund my $199 (they said that was the phone that was lost) and took the $100 promo off of the table. So I only get my new every two now. I guess, they decided to use my early upgrade for my wife's line and push mine to Jan...so much for waiving the fee for her early upgrade.

It is was it is, I may push the issue, but I'm sick off talking to Big Red and being placed on hold and lost and rinse and repeat. If my wife didn't like her phone, I would have sent it back and walked away from VZW. Oh well, they have me by the short and curly's now.:D

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow they really hoodooed you. Did you explain that mess to them in store? Maybe they'd have sympathy after that screw up.

OP
R850R

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
The store cannot fix how VZW "fixed" me...I asked :biggrin:

The store mgr was sympathetic to my story, but she was not "able" to sort it out and suggested I call VZW CS.

OP
R850R

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Just got off the phone and went round and round...long story short, they did not want to apply my new every two discount until after Jan 07. I said ok, since my OG is not working correctly, "can you send me a refurb " until I can use my discount?

Some grumbling, your total for a GN will be $270ish after taxes shipped today.

Hooray!