it's beautiful...but when?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by R850R, Dec 12, 2011.

1. R850R

R850R Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    R00ted S3
    PHP:
    I went to the VZW store today to get some stocking stuffers for my wife's razr. While there, I asked about the GN. The mgr said the 15th, but no official date...she said it could be delayed again. She then asked if I would like to see one? I said sure and she came back with the plastic demo and a white box with green android symbol with a brown/white ice cream sandwich sleeve. I got to handle a phone, but could not power it up. It feels nice in the hand and is smaller than I thought it would be. It felt smaller than the razr, probably due to it's curves. It felt solid and the battery door felt ok. I think it's a winner. She said they are on the shelf just waiting from corporate...nothing new.

Unfortunately due to a snafu with vzw my eligibility date got pushed to Jan 07/12...some mix up with upgrading wife's phone. They said they could upgrade me today to a iphone or other device but I would lose my $50 every two discount...bollocks, looks like I have to wait till after the holidays. F you VZW!

Hope it is the 15th and you guys get one...I'll be the jealous one.

#1 R850R, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    I'd try another Verizon employee, it's often different depending on which person you speak with.

I don't see why they wouldn't let you use your $50 unless it was also used on your wife's upgrade.

3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,667
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    the employee i spoke with wouldn't give me the release date or her number:frown:

4. wolstonc

wolstonc Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Because in VZW's computer, upgrading you early automatically removes that credit, and the only way to put it back would be to manually add a separate credit to your bill, and as all credits have to be approved by a supervisor, it would get denied as the rep is already doing you a favor by letting you upgrade early, at least in the eyes of the supervisor. Therefore the rep didn't want to make a promise they couldn't guarantee when it came to your $50 credit. At least, that's how it worked when I worked there

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

5. R850R

R850R Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    R00ted S3
    Agreed, the store manager related that she could not do anything for me except sell me a phone, including the GN when released at full price. But on or after Jan 07, 2012, I would get the discount plus my $50 new every two (last time) discount.

I called VZW cust support in the car and spoke with a supervisor who related that they would be willing to upgrade me at a discount (early upgrade) if I chose an iphone or RAZR/Rezound...whatever, today, but I would lose my $50 discount.

Basically (sorry for the long post/rant), about a month ago my wife's OG droid went into "broken" mode and I was sitting on my upgrade for the GN. She was not eligible for an upgrade until Jan 2012. So being the nice husband that I am, I called VZW and asked what I could do? They said that if I upgraded both lines to RAZRs, they would waive her early upgrade fee and we would get two new phones. Reluctantly, I agreed and said goodbye to the GN. My OG is on it's last legs as well.

VZW gave me $100 off for one RAZR (they said it was for upgrading from a 3g smartphone to 4g device promotional) and was better than my every two...I could not use both, so I got one for $199 and the other for $299. Both phones shipped, but one got lost and went into FedEx Limbo. I cancelled that phone and decided to wait for the GN instead of getting another RAZR. At that time, VZW decided to refund my $199 (they said that was the phone that was lost) and took the $100 promo off of the table. So I only get my new every two now. I guess, they decided to use my early upgrade for my wife's line and push mine to Jan...so much for waiving the fee for her early upgrade.

It is was it is, I may push the issue, but I'm sick off talking to Big Red and being placed on hold and lost and rinse and repeat. If my wife didn't like her phone, I would have sent it back and walked away from VZW. Oh well, they have me by the short and curly's now.:D

#5 R850R, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  6. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Wow they really hoodooed you. Did you explain that mess to them in store? Maybe they'd have sympathy after that screw up.

7. R850R

R850R Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    R00ted S3
    The store cannot fix how VZW "fixed" me...I asked :biggrin:

The store mgr was sympathetic to my story, but she was not "able" to sort it out and suggested I call VZW CS.

8. R850R

R850R Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    R00ted S3
    Just got off the phone and went round and round...long story short, they did not want to apply my new every two discount until after Jan 07. I said ok, since my OG is not working correctly, "can you send me a refurb " until I can use my discount?

Some grumbling, your total for a GN will be $270ish after taxes shipped today.

Hooray!