Mega Ultra Verizon Fail

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I just called my local Verizon to see if they had any Galaxy Nexus's left. Great news was they did have a few. I man I spoke with (Ryan) put one on hold for me, so I drive down to check it out. I get there and I'm greated by two other sales reps and I ask for Ryan. One goes to get Ryan from the back and I ask the other one if they had the Galaxy Nexus on display....

Here comes the FAIL!!!! She says "no not yet it should go on display some time next week when it's released". I told her it was released today and she says "no, I don't think your correct".....wow just wow.

Good news is Ryan came out and I'm now playing with my new Galaxy Nexus...:p

prowler85

Reaction score
That's ok, the Verizon retail store (Diamond Wireless) I bought mine from the guy also didn't know it was released, though they had just gotten their shipment of 10 in yesterday. To top it off, I had to wait about 20 minutes while he tried to get hold of his manager, who was sleeping, then the district manager, to get them entered into their system. It all worked out, but it's funny how clueless they are about the release. Seems like I've known every tidbit of info for over a month. :blink:

And they also didn't have a demo out.

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
But this store did even have a display...

And it was a corporate store...

Last edited:

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I didn't even look to see if the store I bought mine in had a display or not. I was waiting outside when they opened, went right in with an employee and got my Nexus, then walked out playing with it clearly too distracted to look at anything else! :p

That is kind of hilarious though that one of the vzw employees tried to tell you it didn't come out yet though. I think that shows that a lot of the posts of people saying (before release) that they called their VZW store and were told that nothing was known yet probably talked to an employee like that one you encountered. Probably just someone who could really care less about mobile tech and just goes to work, tells people what they were trained to tell them, and then goes home.

Caligula2008

Reaction score
You think thats funny, I go to our local verizon store with my friend who is trying to decide between razr and nexus.

Not only were two of the reps clueless about the nexus, they didn't have any in stock and had never even received a shipment. Manager said were supposed to get them just didn't know when.

coverton341

Reaction score
Yesterday I went by a store near my work and was told it was pushed back two weeks, when I told the guy the press release happened two hours prior he flat out told me I was wrong and I wouldn't be getting a Nexus today. After work I am going to walk in and show him my Nexus from two weeks in the future that I bought at a Radioshack near my house.

prowler85

Reaction score
Yesterday I went by a store near my work and was told it was pushed back two weeks, when I told the guy the press release happened two hours prior he flat out told me I was wrong and I wouldn't be getting a Nexus today. After work I am going to walk in and show him my Nexus from two weeks in the future that I bought at a Radioshack near my house.

Wow, talk about a secret release. They didn't even tell Verizon store employees. You gotta give it to them though, it actually isn't easy at all to keep information from leaking out, but they kept such a tight lid on it we didn't know for sure till 12 hours before and their employees probably still don't know!

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
They will probably start marketing this phone in January after selling enough razrs and rezounds.. considering they have so many top tier phones I'm sure they are trying to maximize the potential of each one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

suliman

Reaction score
actually when i was in the process of buying my nexus one of the employees was putting up the first poster with a nexus on it.