Nexus Released on 12/15

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Dropped by my local verizon store and the employee that helped me was persistent on not giving me a full answer. She just kept saying "we aren't given a date, but I can put you on a list"

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I posted saying the 15th was announced in an email by Verizon 2-3 days ago. Why do people seem to be more willing to believe it now? *confused*

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Cause it's closer?:icon_question:

OP
Black C5 Z06

Black C5 Z06

Reaction score
Just heard back from my contact at the Verizon store.

Newest word is the release is pushed all the way back to January.

I'm waiting on quad-core devices now.

captclueless

Reaction score

If that's the case, I'm either getting a rezound or just keeping my droid 1 till it completely ****s the bed. Hell, if I get mad enough, I may just cancel my personal account and use my work phone only.

doublea500

Reaction score
past tense :D sounds like it was released 3 days from now already

combatmedic870

Reaction score

Yea January is a big no go for me. I would just wait as well. but if we were to wait...its going to be aprilish before you see a new phone.

ModestMuse

Reaction score

But the devices are IN THE STORES. How could they just let them take up storage space at every major retailer for over a month while not making them any money.

It really doesn't add up. I guess I'll just believe when we have numerous reports of it. Everything related to this phone is just he said / she said...

Reaction score
For what its worth I work for best buy (not in the store) and before I left I asked the person that is the dept supervisor for the mobile dept and said its Thursday as well, she said they have about 8 units in as of now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
For what its worth I work for best buy (not in the store) and before I left I asked the person that is the dept supervisor for the mobile dept and said its Thursday as well, she said they have about 8 units in as of now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

8 units is what my local best buy mobile has in stock.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tell ya one thing, I'm going to Bestbuy/Radioshack on Thursday to weasel my way into the Nexus. Not even dealing with Verizon anymore.

nleksan

Reaction score
Man, if it really is pushed back til January, that's complete BS (as in, Verizon is BS).

If that's what ends up happening, the Nexus isn't going to be "top dog" anymore, and the only benefit it will have over any other phone is faster updates :/

Hell, if we end up waiting until mid-January, why not wait until February?
Then, we can perhaps get a phone with just as nice of a screen, running ICS4.2, and running on a Tegra3 2.0ghz quad-core processor (w/ the 5th core) and their 12-core GPU system, backed up by 2-4GB of LPDDR-RAM and whatnot.

I don't know if that phone will actually exist, but I think my point is made...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Man, if it really is pushed back til January, that's complete BS (as in, Verizon is BS).

If that's what ends up happening, the Nexus isn't going to be "top dog" anymore, and the only benefit it will have over any other phone is faster updates :/

Hell, if we end up waiting until mid-January, why not wait until February?
Then, we can perhaps get a phone with just as nice of a screen, running ICS4.2, and running on a Tegra3 2.0ghz quad-core processor (w/ the 5th core) and their 12-core GPU system, backed up by 2-4GB of LPDDR-RAM and whatnot.

I don't know if that phone will actually exist, but I think my point is made...
Don't give them ideas man, I haven't given up yet:D

squeak

Reaction score
Add one more entry to the stack of people who have heard this. I just left my local non-corporate store and he told me the 15th but, he wasn't sure he'd have any in stock by then.

My outlook? I think that verizon has a tentative release date of the 15th. I think it's possible and maybe even likely it will happen, but I know that another delay is also a very real possibility and will not have my hopes set too high.

scdown

Reaction score
Given the coming and going of the 12/9 date, and given the fact that Verizon's made no public announcement of a date, I'd say a coin flip as good as any of the educated guesses that have come out about the 13th, 15th, January... If they haven't gone public, any dates are just placeholders.