Nexus Released on 12/15

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sadly I agree. I think stores are hoping they can get rid of the stock by Thursday, but Verizon could easily throw another wrench in our plans.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I really can't imagine that they would miss a release before christmas and it would come out in January. That seems to be an incredibly stupid business decision.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'd think missing Christmas would enrage Samsung/Google, but I just don't trust Verizon at all. I think they're strong arming Google to get what they want right now.

Tallen1331

Reaction score
im pretty torn, with all the rumored and missed launch dates for this phone i am pretty sure that if it isnt released this week ill just buy something on ebay and hold off on my upgrade for something else... forget about january.
And this made me think, i was intending on my update to be used on a phone with developer support that rivals my OG's, with the many delays will enough developers want to own this phone still?

after seeing how verizon botched the release of the best phone in its lineup for its own benefit i would love nothing other than to switch carriers, but nothing beats their service in my area.

Please release this phone verizon. I dont think many of us can take much more of this punishment

Cubemonkey

Reaction score
To further heighten confusion, just came out of a Radioshack stating 12/14 launch. They let me put my name and number down for one. They told me to call tomorrow night to double check. We'll see.

xandor

Reaction score
Not to mention verizon themselves stated it would be out before the end of the year, didn't they?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jcardona1

Reaction score
Well I just called every Radio Shack, Verizon and Best Buy store in my area (been calling every day lol). Same ol crap. "No, we don't have any info on it and don't know when it's coming." I even asked if they had a plastic dummy model I could mess with...Nothing.

:(

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup nothing. I talked to some of my coworkers and they just said they aren't allowed to sell them because Verizon won't let them and they have no idea when they can sell them.

Cor3yS

Reaction score
Hopefully they are waiting till Christmas week to air commercials since razr and my favorite one the Samsung galaxy s 2( hating on iPhone retards) are still going strong. A Jan lanch would be a bad move not unless they think its such a big phone date will not matter to sales -_-

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Went to my bb and they said they have them locked in the back and were specifically told not to sell them. They said they have no date of release. I told them I heard that some bbs are selling them and they said they're not supposed to. He said the received them on the 7th and have them locked up since.

shinobi13

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone has thought about this. Maybe verizon doesn't want to release it so fast after their newest and baddest phone (razor) wasn't launched that long ago. Still lots of marketing out there for it. Employee's pushing it for sales etc. It would take a back seat to the nexus and they would loose out on all the money they invested in promoting it. Just a thought.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone has thought about this. Maybe verizon doesn't want to release it so fast after their newest and baddest phone (razor) wasn't launched that long ago. Still lots of marketing out there for it. Employee's pushing it for sales etc. It would take a back seat to the nexus and they would loose out on all the money they invested in promoting it. Just a thought.

If this delay had anything to do with sales numbers, that I don't think it would be just Verizon. I think it would be more of a Motorola thing. Motorola and Verizon seem to have a nice little thing going on together. Who knows. Maybe they have some sort of agreement where Motorola gets prime advertising and promotion with the Droid name. Kinda like how Budweiser and Coke/Pepsi products dominate store shelves while lesser known products are pushed to the side.

Think about it. For Verizon, a sale is a sale. I don't even think they make that much off phone sales since the price is subsidized and they're charging much less than the MSRP. They could care less if you buy phone A or phone B, as long as they have you hooked on a contract with a data plan.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this delay had anything to do with sales numbers, that I don't think it would be just Verizon. I think it would be more of a Motorola thing. Motorola and Verizon seem to have a nice little thing going on together. Who knows. Maybe they have some sort of agreement where Motorola gets prime advertising and promotion with the Droid name. Kinda like how Budweiser and Coke/Pepsi products dominate store shelves while lesser known products are pushed to the side.

Think about it. For Verizon, a sale is a sale. I don't even think they make that much off phone sales since the price is subsidized and they're charging much less than the MSRP. They could care less if you buy phone A or phone B, as long as they have you hooked on a contract with a data plan.

This always baffles me as well, Verizon doesn't care at all which phone you pick as long as you're getting a data plan.

There has to be some back room deal with Motorola for them to push Moto's products so much more than others. I mean it's highly evident with the Rezound vs the Razr right now.

BUckeyemike84

Reaction score
This always baffles me as well, Verizon doesn't care at all which phone you pick as long as you're getting a data plan.

There has to be some back room deal with Motorola for them to push Moto's products so much more than others. I mean it's highly evident with the Rezound vs the Razr right now.

That is very true! Anytime I have gone into a VZW store they have been pushing that Razr. Not once has anyone said anything about the Rezound and as a matter fact one time I told the sales rep I thought the Rezound was better and he started to defend the Razr and didn't say anything good or bad about the Rezound. He just kept hammering me with info on the Razr and why he thought it was the best phone and going to be better than the GNex. Now he might have been just trying to make a sale...however, just this past weekend, I went to a VZW Corp kiosk and a woman there was doing the same thing. I said the same thing to her and stated the Rezound was better than the Razr and she started getting all defensive and trying to get me to buy the Razr. I point blank said, "your not going to sell me a Razr." then I said I will buy the Gnex when it comes out. Then she asked me why I liked the Gnex so much and then proceeded to bash the Gnex and tell me how crappy it is and how it feels like a cheaper piece of plasic. I really do think there is something going on where they are trying to push the Razr and VZW really doesn't want to sell the Gnex for maybe multiple reasons. I just can't trust VZW anymore and they are really ruining their credibility! I HOPE YOU ARE SATISFIED VZW! YOU ARE LOSING CUSTOMERS AND PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO NOT TRUST YOUR COMPANY AND DON'T HAVE FAITH IN YOU ANYMORE! NOOOOOTTTTTTT GOOOOOOOOD!!!

Reaction score
Maybe the employees are in a competition to sell the RAZR and thats what motivates them to gravitate towards that device. I dont care why the Gnex is late. I just care it comes out.