No longer on display in NYC?

hxdrummerxc

Reaction score
Well, according to the article on the home page....
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ay-samsung-experience-store-nyc-not-sale.html

It is rumored that they were forced to take down the display GNex units in NYC.
This is probably not good news. You would think that if the phone was releasing this week, and they were already on display, they would just say "screw it" and leave them up.... Not take down the display units 5 days before its release.

Probably not a good sign.

Also,
While I was trolling a Verizon rep via that live chat, she acted like she knew nothing about the GNex. So I proceeded to tell her that they were already on display in a Samsung store in NYC. she said that must not be true because in her words "It is illegal to display a phone before it is released". I figure that is just complete bull**** though, especially since Samsung is the manufacture of the device.

Anyways,
What do you all think about this
Rumor? Real?
Are the displays really taken down?
Is this a good or a bad sign for the supposed release this week?

busab

Reaction score
It might be against Verizon's policy to display or certainly sale a phone before it officially goes on sale but I wouldn't think it would be illegal. But Idk.

I wouldn't think this is good news but may not necessarily mean its delayed again either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

doublea500

Reaction score
what about the october 18th announcement. im sure the phone was displayed before a release.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Well from what I've seen those units were running 4.0.1 and the Verizon version is now 4.1. Several videos have been posted, so perhaps they don't want people judging the phone on an older build. Or it was simply drawing too much attention. Just guessing of course.